Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi everyone

gvick

gvick

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199 4 motion
Hi all

I’m in my early 50’s, married with 3 kids. I used to own a 1970 low light bay window vw van called Phoebe.
Unfortunately rust was her demise and I had to part with her a few years ago.

I’m now thinking about changing my company car for a new beach or Cali in about a years time and enjoying some serious camping and traveling.

I’m enjoying this great forum and learning so much - thank you

Welcome , with the 5 of you a Beach would be the best option i think....

Think you may well be right. Eldest is hopefully going to uni this summer so I can check out how he feels about going on holiday with the old folks

Welcome to the forum Best of luck trying to get an 18 year old to go on holiday with you I struggled with mine from 15 year olds unless it was somewhere exotic.

Welcome to the forum Best of luck trying to get an 18 year old to go on holiday with you I struggled with mine from 15 year olds unless it was somewhere exotic.
How true. We finally got a six berth white whale years ago, which was ideal with our three kids but the two older ones (about 15 & 16) didn’t want to come by then.

And the younger one only came under protest and frequently wouldn’t even get out of the van; preferring to play on his games console than seeing stunning scenery! :headbang

So soon there was just two of us in this massive van! So don’t make any decisions based on bringing the kids with you for long! :D

I think you may all be right. We have three children 23, 21 and 18.
Realistically it will be tbe wife dog and myself - me thinks.

The count down begins - my company car agreement finishes July 2019 so I can order jan 2019 (just to be on the safe side).

My only real concern is I’m quite a high mileage driver at 25k per year

That said I’ve had two test drives in the 204 dsg and it was more than adequate