Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi everyone, the heater on my t5 model 2006 turns off by itself when on battery as i believe it's a earth shunt issue but i was wondering if it's nor

P

PietroBertoni

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi everyone, the heater on my Cali T5 2006 turns off by itself when on battery as i believe it's an earth shunt issue but i was wondering if it's normal that it drops as the voltage goes below 12.5V as i read it should at 11.5V.
Thanks

Hi everyone, the heater on my Cali T5 2006 turns off by itself when on battery as i believe it's an earth shunt issue but i was wondering if it's normal that it drops as the voltage goes below 12.5V as i read it should at 11.5V.
Thanks
If the Leisure Battery voltage drops to 11.5 v then fridge or parking heater will switch off.
Do you get any flickering of the camping compartment lights on starting the Parking Heater?

Then i don't know why but my heater switches off at 12.5v, it doesn't really even make it to heat because it switches off less then a minute after i turn it on and yes the blue display flickers on the starting.

Then i don't know why but my heater switches off at 12.5v, it doesn't really even make it to heat because it switches off less then a minute after i turn it on and yes the blue display flickers on the starting.
It is extremely likely that you have the Earth Shunt problem that plagued earlier Californias.

Some reading.

If it works okay when hooked up to the mains there is a good
chance thats its the earth shunt.

Back