Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi all

Defender90

Defender90

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Hi, I have placed a order for a ocean 4 motion in candy white with options like diff lock, hill decent, shower ,chrome pack,towbar and the all season tyre option. The order was placed around the 6th august and i can't wait the only thing is I haven't even driven a vw California yet lol, so I have a few worries yes bit late now I know.
My current drive is a land rover discovery 4 hse which I have owned from new and its been the best car I have ever had the ride is excellent, has anybody made the same jump? how will it compare?

Welcome ! We have both and are similarly pleased with both of them. Found the drive on the California to be easier surprisingly, the DSG is a dream to drive (not overly a fan of the 6 speed Landrover transmission in comparison). There are options in the set up which are worth going through when you get it, for example ‘coasting’ downhill. I’ve not yet needed to use the hill decent on the Ocean however I absolutely needed it once on the Discovery, so ticked that option without hesitation. Our only upgrade would be air ride suspension with auto levelling when pitching, but until then, ramps are the answer.
An often repeated piece of advice is not to buy much until you’ve tried it out and worked out what you actually need. Realistically I’m sure most of us have tried various options and got half a garage worth of virtually unused kit, so you might try subscribing to the items for sale - frequently barely used. Hope you love it as much as we do, it’s been a godsend this year especially!

Welcome ! We have both and are similarly pleased with both of them. Found the drive on the California to be easier surprisingly, the DSG is a dream to drive (not overly a fan of the 6 speed Landrover transmission in comparison). There are options in the set up which are worth going through when you get it, for example ‘coasting’ downhill. I’ve not yet needed to use the hill decent on the Ocean however I absolutely needed it once on the Discovery, so ticked that option without hesitation. Our only upgrade would be air ride suspension with auto levelling when pitching, but until then, ramps are the answer.
An often repeated piece of advice is not to buy much until you’ve tried it out and worked out what you actually need. Realistically I’m sure most of us have tried various options and got half a garage worth of virtually unused kit, so you might try subscribing to the items for sale - frequently barely used. Hope you love it as much as we do, it’s been a godsend this year especially!
Many thanks for you advice much appreciated ,think my discovery has the 8 speed box 2015 model but nice to no you think the California DSG is excellent.
keep thinking keep the disco as well but I can’t justify the cost of services etc.

Back