Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi All

R

RichardSweeney

Tir na nOg
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
HI All, we have just purchased our new VW California Ocean 204. Colour; starlight blue. We were thinking about purchasing one for a year but never got around to actually looking at one. Anyway , just over a month ago we travelled to our local dealership and hey presto he had a model available that suited us. 4 wheel drive etc as we travel a lot in Norway. Everyone excited but first night out in our Cali, we had a major thunderstorm so not much sleep for the kids upstairs. So very much looking forward to the summer and travels through Europe. Really enjoy the site but become a little addicted to it. All the best Rich and family.

Welcome Richard! I love the idea of travelling with Cali in Norway - it's just such a long way to get there from the UK (though I'm sure our continental friends on the forum will tell us you get the chance to travel trough some lovely places on the way!).

Congratulations! I like the colour
This is our Ocean 204kw 4 Motion:

c4d9b4be9716e363713a7dc761fdbcea.jpg

We picked it up from the factory in Hannover
at the end if April.

Greetings from Bavaria

Frank

Welcome. I'm back to Norway next Spring.

Congratulations! I like the colour
This is our Ocean 204kw 4 Motion:

c4d9b4be9716e363713a7dc761fdbcea.jpg

We picked it up from the factory in Hannover
at the end if April.

Greetings from Bavaria

Frank
Nice,

I see you have the chrome pack.

Mike

Welcome. I'm back to Norway next Spring.

WG, what route do you take to Norway, and how long does it take you? (As I understand it, there are no UK-Scandinavia ferries nowadays, correct?).

Really liking the idea of Cali'ing in Norway.

Here's my thread when I visited Nordkapp. I used the Euroshuttle and drove. Next year I will follow the same route but in Sweden turn L to the Norwegian town/city of Bodo and then drive down Norway to Oslo and then across to Malmo in Sweden and back.
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/countdown-begins.10091/

Photo on 19-06-2016 at 18.41.jpg Sidewall of the roll awning VW T6 / T5 California × 2

HI All
Many thanks for your warm welcomes; we travel to Norway 3 times a year as Katrina is Norwegian; (interesting mix Irish and Norwegian; that is another story!!) It has got harder and harder over the last few years due to the lack of direct Ferries to travel to Norway. We now take the Harwich to Hook of Holland Ferry(overnight) and travel through Holland and Germany. We usually stay on the border between Germany and Denmark( If we can find somewhere!), and then to the North of Denmark. Now with our VW we will be taking our time and hopefully finding interesting places to visit on the way. All the best Rich and family and yes love the colour.

We too are planning a trip to Norway - so will be glad of any advice and info of where to go and what route to take. We are also planning to take our dog with us so that means we will probably start with the eurotunnel as it is so much easier that the ferry with a dog!

HI Solgal
We always take our dog with us and as it is a night time ferry, leaves around 11 pm and arrives 7am, this works for us and the dog. ( by the way , the beach is 5 mins. away from the ferry when we arrive in Holland) Really depends on how comfortable your dog will be without you during those hours. All the best Rich and family

Hi and welcome!