Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi all, we are looking at a 23 reg Ocean with the 150 engine but cannot work out what the road tax is a year, there is so much conflicting information

F

Fitzycalifornia

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi all,
We have been looking at a 23 reg Ocean with the 150 engine but can't seem to figure out how much the road tax is for a year.
There seems to be some conflicting information, does anyone have a similar version that could advise
 Thanks

It should be Private/light goods vehicle (tax class 11) weighing no more than 3,500kg over 1549cc so £325 per year

Just got a brand new Ocean and paid £295 for first year

Just got a brand new Ocean and paid £295 for first year

Thats strange there isn't a category of vehicle on the tax table that costs £295 at todays rates. As you wouldn't have actually paid it yourself, are you sure that isn't what was charged by the dealer ( looks like the pre April rate) rather than what it cost the dealer?

Theres a copy of the full table attached along with a photo of the motorhome section showing £325IMG_0844.jpeg

Attachments

• v149-rates-of-vehicle-tax-for-cars-motorcycles-light-goods-vehicles-and-private-light-goods-ve...pdf
    226.3 KB · Views: 10
Hi all,
We have been looking at a 23 reg Ocean with the 150 engine but can't seem to figure out how much the road tax is for a year.
There seems to be some conflicting information, does anyone have a similar version that could advise
 Thanks
There’s normally an extra charge for very first registration (done by dealer) but after that what andyinluton put up.
You can go on gov website with reg and it will tell you if your worried

How odd. We did order in March. Is that the old tax rate? It’s what we were charged anyway. Just put in my reg and says £320 now.

How odd. We did order in March. Is that the old tax rate? It’s what we were charged anyway. Just put in my reg and says £320 now.
Even £320 is wrong - what does your V5 say? should be PLG for tax & M1 body type Motor Caravan

Hi all,
 Thanks
1689087356639.png

this what I've just paid on my 2019 (69) 150 Ocean

Even £320 is wrong - what does your V5 say? should be PLG for tax & M1 body type Motor Caravan
It says PLG. Just checked invoice and definitely charged £295 on purchase plus £55 registration fee. The £320 is what a website spat out using my reg.

What web site are you putting your reg into? I'll put mine in the same & see what it says.

Not sure now, just one I found on google. It can’t seem to find again… haha
The only one that will give you the correct answer is DVLA & to get the rate you need the 11 digit code from the current V5 as well as the numberplate. Any other site is just guessing.

You UK guys are getting stiffed. Only 200 Euro here in Germany for a 204PS motor.

Hi all,
 Thanks
The seller should know the rate. If it is used then it would have been taxed sometime and a dealer should be aware. As @andyinluton above said it is possible to find it with the V5. Unfortunately tax seems to have got very complicated. It may just come down do you like the van it is almost imposable to compare tax on different vehicles.

Good luck with your choose you should enjoy the van when you get one.

Thanks for all the replies, I have made contact with the seller today and they have confirmed the rate is £320, so looks like if all goes well with the viewing on Thursday we will be proud new owners

I use an app called vehicle smart you can save your reg of 4 cars and it gives you mot, tax details
has always been accurate and keeps you notified. Free to use for upto 4 cars

Back