Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help with panel warning symbol :)

A

Aidanm

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi all,

Newbie T4 owner here.. '99 Cali Coach
first excursion this weekend and see a flashing warning below battery symbol.. think maybe related to water waste tank? See attached photo.

Tried empty waste (red lever in lower cupboard below gas rings) but nothing happening..will poke the seller tomorrow but any advice would be great!!

Thanks,
Aidan.

IMG_0489.PNG

Yep - its the waste tank full symbol, but if you've emptied it then most likely the sensor jammed or playing up... Never seen it in mine, so either I've never filled it or its not working either!
Most of the tank sensors seem to be dodgy if posts on here are anything to go by...

What does intrigue me though, is why your T4 has an Apple symbol on the display - you had a system upgrade! :D

Hi all,

Newbie T4 owner here.. '99 Cali Coach
first excursion this weekend and see a flashing warning below battery symbol.. think maybe related to water waste tank? See attached photo.

Tried empty waste (red lever in lower cupboard below gas rings) but nothing happening..will poke the seller tomorrow but any advice would be great!!

Thanks,
Aidan.

View attachment 23888
Mine was flashing the other day after I'd pulled the fuse by mistake. In my case meant I had to reset date time and then it stopped.

Mike

Thanks for the responses..
Started flashing after our first excursion.. used the sink quite a bit. Thing is that when I pull the valve that's supposed to empty the waste nothing comes out so I'm guessing blockage somewhere..

@bxl_lad I upgraded to an iVan everything apple

The waste tank sensor is located behind the cutlery drawer which you have to remove to gain access.
There are a couple of small screws in the drawer rails.
There is a connector for the sensor just behind here. Unplug the sensor and see if symbol goes away.
If it does its the sensor if not its in the wiring or control itself.
This tank does have an overflow so you can't flood the van.
The sensor itself can be removed but space is tight. I used a 36mm socket.
Mine was stuck in a down position with water overflowing underneath the van.
I was surprised at the amount gunk stuck to the sensor. There is a metal clip which keeps the float on the sensor which was rusted. I removed and replaced with 2 rubber o-rings.
Having said all that we never allow the tank to be too full so it is a sensor that is never used.
I just like things to work as they were intended to.
Good luck.

Thanks for the replies.. taking it back to the dealer on Thursday to get them to sort it. Drain stinks now and seems I can't empty it. Sensor was off before we started using it so let's see how we get on.. :) anyone have a link to a control panel guide? Haven't managed to find one. Was wondering if my battery gauge is good too. Doesn't always show battery bars like in a phone, just one at the upper end which I'm guessing means battery good. When it runs down a bit using the fridge the normal bars seem to appear.. thanks again!!!

All sorted thanks for the advice! Was jammed up pipes stopping the draining of the waste tank..