Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help with Option 4JN

C

CallsignCalifornia

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Hi all,

Bit confused about option 4JN, “Sliding window in front and fixed window in rear in load/passenger compartment on driver side”

The California brochure states that it comes as standard with sliding windows left and right in the passenger compartment, my dealer is saying this 4JN option is for the sliding window in the sliding door, and it comes fixed as standard? Build date is confirmed so I don’t think I can change, and I’ve gone for this option as I thought it gave the sliding window behind the driver…

Help appreciated,

Many thanks

Hi all,

Bit confused about option 4JN, “Sliding window in front and fixed window in rear in load/passenger compartment on driver side”

The California brochure states that it comes as standard with sliding windows left and right in the passenger compartment, my dealer is saying this 4JN option is for the sliding window in the sliding door, and it comes fixed as standard? Build date is confirmed so I don’t think I can change, and I’ve gone for this option as I thought it gave the sliding window behind the driver…

Help appreciated,

Many thanks
The Confuserator raises its ugly head again. So much in there didn’t make sense in 2021 when I was using it. Feels like there’s a lot of historic baked-in errors, particularly in packs that ‘include’ standard equipment.
I’m sure that sliding window is (used to be) standard on an Ocean.
It’s a nice to have - useful when it’s raining but you’ve got the awning out perhaps, but you can just open the sliding door! I don’t ever drive with them open (even if my dog wishes I would - too much wind noise/buffeting- and isn’t that what the climate control is for?
I’d also prefer to see it at the rear of the sliding door rather than the front I think, to be useful when sitting on the bench

It's one of those things that has been standard at times and an option at others. Also varies between models.

Currently its Standard on an Ocean but Optional on a Beach Camper.

Think Eurovans told me a few weeks back that only 204PS Oceans are coming with a sliding window on both sides now, 150s don’t and neither are they an option

Agree, the configuration is a bit confusing in areas. I confirmed with our salesman that the sliding window in the sliding door is standard on the 150 Ocean when we ordered, the extra cost option is only for Beach and Surf models.

Agree, the configuration is a bit confusing in areas. I confirmed with our salesman that the sliding window in the sliding door is standard on the 150 Ocean when we ordered, the extra cost option is only for Beach and Surf models.
Sliding window is standard on both sides on the Surf also.

Is the option suggesting a sliding window in the last window before the tailgate?

Is the option suggesting a sliding window in the last window before the tailgate?
No, it's just a daft, confusing way of saying the window has a sliding and fixed part to it. So, you can have either nothing (which is the normal window) or a "Sliding window in front and fixed window" which is a sliding window. Then it says first which section of the van it is in, then the side. So you get this long convoluted phrase when they could just say, do you want a second sliding window in the sliding door?

Thanks everyone, I got a little worried I was going to get a fixed pane!

Looking forward to receiving the vehicle and enjoying the summer (with my sliding window)

Hi all,

Help appreciated,

Many thanks
I didn’t tick this option and my 204ps 4M came with two sliding windows.
I was told if you tick it, you get a solid window on the sliding door.
And a sliding window above the kitchen.
Hope that makes sense.

I didn’t tick this option and my 204ps 4M came with two sliding windows.
I was told if you tick it, you get a solid window on the sliding door.
And a sliding window above the kitchen.
Hope that makes sense.
I don't think this can be true for ticking this option. If it was it would need to specify both sides of the vehicle, one side for the fixed, one for the sliding OR it would only mention the fixed window. As it is, it only refers to the driver's side, and then refers to the sliding and fixed part of the window.

I don't think this can be true for ticking this option. If it was it would need to specify both sides of the vehicle, one side for the fixed, one for the sliding OR it would only mention the fixed window. As it is, it only refers to the driver's side, and then refers to the sliding and fixed part of the window.
Drivers side in the UK, is the sliding door.
I am talking about the UK configurator and how I went about ordering a brand new UK vehicle from a UK VW dealer.
The kitchen always has a sliding window, at least in 6.1 model. So it does not need to be mentioned.

but how could this: “Sliding window in front and fixed window in rear in load/passenger compartment on driver side” possibly mean a fixed drivers side window? This is all about the drivers side, (indeed on a UK car, so the sliding door side) and refers to both a sliding and fixed window. It cannot mean, if ticked, that you get no sliding window.

What I found really confusing was that it was available as an option but the brochure shows its standard to have sliding windows on both sides. Leading me to think I’d inadvertently selected a fixed window, however as babble says, it’s clearly referring to a sliding section so can’t see how it would be fixed.

It is showing as a zero cost option on the order sheet, however the dealer is saying there may be a cost. So we’ll see

but how could this: “Sliding window in front and fixed window in rear in load/passenger compartment on driver side” possibly mean a fixed drivers side window? This is all about the drivers side, (indeed on a UK car, so the sliding door side) and refers to both a sliding and fixed window. It cannot mean, if ticked, that you get no sliding window.
I know, it’s very confusing.
But going upon what my UK VW dealer said, I don’t choose the option, and I have two sliding windows.

What I found really confusing was that it was available as an option but the brochure shows its standard to have sliding windows on both sides. Leading me to think I’d inadvertently selected a fixed window, however as babble says, it’s clearly referring to a sliding section so can’t see how it would be fixed.

It is showing as a zero cost option on the order sheet, however the dealer is saying there may be a cost. So we’ll see
Report back and let us know what you get !

The fixed bit referred to is the glass between the C&D pillars ie the very back window that looks into the boot.
The sliding window in front is the opening window between B&C pillars ie the door.

I agree with the explanation from @andyinluton above. When configuring a Beach on VW’s configurator, and examining the generated exterior pictures, selecting and de-selecting this option is consistent with Andy’s explanation.

I believe it’s a standard option on the Ocean, so selecting and de-selecting it on the configurator may have no effect on the generated pictures.

The fixed bit referred to is the glass between the C&D pillars ie the very back window that looks into the boot.
The sliding window in front is the opening window between B&C pillars ie the door.
Thanks, that makes sense.