Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help, no snow

CYCLOPATH

CYCLOPATH

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi,all you with knowledge of the French Alps.
After advice here, I was off to venosc next week, to ski in Les Deux Alps, looked lovely low campsite, and eaisy acess to the resort, but there is no snow, and non forecast.
Any suggestions for higher places. Val Thorns seems to have snow. Any lowest places with eaisy acess there?

At this time of the year you have to go high to be guaranteed snow. Val Thorens is always a winner as it is the highest resort in Europe. Virtually guaranteed snow. Can't vouch for where to park up though. Mottaret is also a good spot at the top of the Meribel Valley. You could park up in Brides le Bains at the bottom of the valley and get the cable car up in the mornings and down in the evenings, very do-able. Snow in Meribel at the moment. www.merinet.com

Think everywhere is not brilliant atm....good suggestions above, my son works in La Plagne and some snow as also a high resort ..from the webcam today..

image.jpeg

Thanks , I will look at those
As it is really an inaugural Cali trip, we may just go hiking, as the trip is about the van lifestyle more than anything .
But I will put the skis in.

I see from another thread that you are going to Meribel Valley. Where are you staying? Thinking of doing something similar in February.

After advice here, I was off to venosc next week, to ski in Les Deux Alps, looked lovely low campsite, and eaisy acess to the resort, but there is no snow, and non forecast.
Any suggestions for higher places. Val Thorns seems to have snow. Any lowest places with eaisy acess there?

Les Deux Alpes has a very large Glacier, so always somewhere to ski

Thanks guys, less than a day to go
I love the flexibility of the van
So I was going to stay
http://www.restaurant-martagon.com/fr/galeries.html
But from what reserves says above, Maby back to Les Deux Alps
Venosc,
Lower, at 980 meters, warmer, eaisier acess road, and a nicer looking site, ..and cheaper.
http://www.champ-du-moulin.com/
Both have eaisy ski lift acess

I will start in Venosc, and I can move on if the skiing isn't good enough!

HI!

In Solden AT
http://www.soelden.com/panorama-cams-winter

Easy access to val Thorens from Orelle in Maurienne valley. Can part in car park or the local campsite. Uplift to very top of Val Tho at 3400m. Saves driving up all the hairpin bends etc as only 20 mins off motorway heading for Turin from Lyons

Thanks green we are here now. VENOSC is great. Snow on the glacier and we have had some stunning walks. And hardly seen a sole
But if skiing was my sole aim I would have been disappointed
The van has been a dream. So comfortable. We haven't needed hook up. Toasty warm despite sub zero temps. And the roads are well cleared of snow and gritted