Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help .....lost keys on my driveway.

Thanks for all the suggestions and the photo of the fuses - good to know.

Panic is now over - keys were located at 1am this morning on a fourth search of the van, under the table at the side of the back seat slid inside a golf brolly which is stored below the table.. No idea how they got there, I always lay them on the bench seat right near the sliding door when packing stuff in. I was trying to coax my sons 5 month old pup into his cage while juggling doggy treats, leads, keys phone etc etc......the puppy is getting the blame .....he can't defend himself!

A tile locator or similar would have saved me hours of searching - off to check out purchase options now.

Thanks again to all.IMG_3771.JPG

glad you have found your keys.
I keep my van keys on a lanyard and put around my neck - I found carrying things in and out of the van it was too easy to put the keys down and loose them/

That's a good idea - I am always carrying things in and out and its so easy to mislay the keys, a lanyard sounds like a good solution and easier to locate than a key ring if laid down somewhere - a bright luminous coloured one could be just the thing!

Panic is now over - keys were located at 1am this morning on a fourth search of the van, under the table at the side of the back seat slid inside a golf brolly which is stored below the table.. No idea how they got there, I always lay them on the bench seat right near the sliding door when packing stuff in. I was trying to coax my sons 5 month old pup into his cage while juggling doggy treats, leads, keys phone etc etc......the puppy is getting the blame .....he can't defend himself!

A tile locator or similar would have saved me hours of searching - off to check out purchase options now.

Thanks again to all.View attachment 23760
He's so sweet, how can you blame him.:thumb

I
glad you have found your keys.
I keep my van keys on a lanyard and put around my neck - I found carrying things in and out of the van it was too easy to put the keys down and loose them/

Same here or a small karabiner attached to a belt loop or similar. I never take the keys off unless driving any locks or unlocks they stay put.

They look good - could have one on all keys!
I found the second lost key, the first lost key remains lost in this house somewhere...........

So glad you found them. Yes - invest in a Tile or similar. I use mine weekly !!

An idea there is a round disc you can buy that allows you to track keys, luggage anywhere in the world I think they are around £120 for 5
https://www.thetrackr.com/ this is what you need they will ship to the UK
Trackr are not great in.practice as the batteries go flat after a month. I bought 5and tried them with different batteries for 6 months then threw them away. Great product in theory and whilst batteries work but not a long term solution.

Thanks again to all.View attachment 23760

West Wales 2014:

End of a long morning, parked up at the camp site, made a cup of tea, decided to nip to the loo.came back and made preparations to walk into town.

No keys.

Retraced my steps, threw whoever it was out of my spot on the loo, fingertip search, no keys. Back to the van, everything stripped out that was lying loose, no sign. Retraced my steps again. Notified the Warden who mobilised an army of people searching the site. Threw more people out of the loo so I could search more places. Back to the van, started to empty cupboards.

6 hours later. My son is at my home collecting my spare set, a motorcycle courier (£400+) on standby.. VW in Aberystwyth are ordering a new set. I sit on the bench seat in tears. The seat belt locks press into me. "Where does that space go?"... Pull out the bottom drawer. Packed full of packing cubes. I had rummaged through it a couple of times. One packing cube right at the back, zip partially undone. Pull out the packing cube, empty it, there are my keys.

They must have been on the bench seat, I sat on them when waiting for kettle to boil, the keys got pushed through the seat belt space into the bottom drawer, my rummaging around must have neatly pushed them into the packing cube.

I ordered a tile that night :mad::mute:shocked

That's very interesting though. Love your dog xD Can someone explain me the best use of iphone spy app?

I'm trying to install it but i think i don't understand the instructions.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's very interesting though. Love your dog xD Can someone explain me the best use of iphone spy app? I'm trying to install it but i think i don't understand the instructions.

Not sure your on the right forum.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Back