Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help, auto folding mirrors have stopped working!!!

Borris

Borris

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
After a trip to the Beach with our grand kids yesterday I was fully occupied unloading the van and getting the bbq working whilst Mrs B took the keys from my pocket and locked the van. Unfortunately, when I next went out to the van I discovered that the wing mirrors no longer fold when the lock button is held down on the key fob. This is frustrating as I use this function all the time. I'm guessing that Mrs B has somehow managed to deactivate that function. They still fold if you use the knob on the drivers door card with the ignition on. This auto fold option worked perfectly well at the beach. We have an October 2019 Beach.

How can I reactivate this function? Any advice would be greatfully accepted. :thanks

Hi Borris
try folding them and unfolding them from the manual in van controls three or four times, then try the fob again.

Make sure the knob is set in the middle (no action) position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Failing that try the window reset, windows all the way down, hold the down button for a few seconds, then raise the windows up all the way and hold the button up for a few seconds try the window and mirror again on the fob

If that doesn’t work, check the starter battery charge level ?

If the stater battery charge is good, disconnect the starter battery for 10mins , reconnect and try again?

If that fails try manually folding both mirrors up then down ensure they go fully in both directions and try again ?

Thanks Perfectos,
I'll give it a go when I have a spare few minutes and report back.

Thanks Perfectos,
I'll give it a go when I have a spare few minutes and report back.
You should find that the 1 button window closure has also failed. Both front windows have to be reset.
See here.

Thanks @Perfectos and @WelshGas.
We, my 10 year old grandson Monty and I have just been out to explore the problem. We tried all the options mentioned above except disconnecting the battery. I'm not sure what we have done but the windows and mirrors now work as they should.

Once again, many thanks.

Thanks @Perfectos and @WelshGas.
We, my 10 year old grandson Monty and I have just been out to explore the problem. We tried all the options mentioned above except disconnecting the battery. I'm not sure what we have done but the windows and mirrors now work as they should.

Once again, many thanks.
Did you have the knob switched to position "0"

The reset worked for me, but specifically, you have to release the window button and the repress it and hold for several seconds to reset. Do this lowering and again when raising the windows. I did not release the button after lowering, I just lowered the window and held the button for a few seconds and this did not allow a reset. Thank you for this help. (We have a 2022 California Ocean Edition)

Back