Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help “Ronnie “has been injured ....golf ball sized hailstones

Team Ronnie

Team Ronnie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Just returned from France when we got caught in a hailstorm.The Hailstones were the size of Golf balls ,We have never experienced anything like it . We have a smashed Windscreen in several places .Lots and lots of dents on roof ,bonnet and down the side And top of tailgate .Have been in touch with insurance and we have asked for genuine VW OME screen .Awaiting a call back on that .The one VW repairer that insurance approves is 60 miles away .We live in Carshalton Beeches ,Surrey and wondered if anyone can recommend a VW approved body repairers that they can recommend ? Hard to take a photo of the dents .....there just are so many ! I will try later when I can face looking at it again

DFD3BC5E-044D-4113-8626-6754C5E2407B.jpeg

DAFB4B69-B42D-4216-8087-CF81A48B1F54.jpeg

D05C6FA8-ABD2-4358-B100-8AF74411FC5D.jpeg

Of absolutely no help to you whatsoever but my MK1 MX5 was written off at 18 months old for similar damage, every single panel on the car had dents in it. So would have been full set of panel replacements & complete respray.

I would just go with the VW approved repairer & expect them to either pick up or provide a courtesy car at the drop off point.

I also wouldn't bother getting the screen done yet, its probably got to come out to have the work done.

Has an assessor seen the van yet?

Not so far away from you. I used these guys in Croydon to fix my dented tailagate and was pleased with their work.

Thank you for that ,we phoned who service‘s our Cali in croydon and they get their body work done there .we are taking it there tomorrow for a quote

Back