Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello & has anyone been to view 2011 Deep Black 4Motion?

Adam O

Adam O

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi all,

Thanks to everyone who contributes to this fantastic site, I have been using it for a few months now researching our first Cali purchase. My wife and young son are based in Kendal and are pretty excited to say the least about choosing our van...

So has anyone on here been to view this one in the South Lakes area? If so what was your opinion? Obviously feel free to PM or contact me direct if you prefer - adamoliver2011@+++++.com

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/classi...0-4motion-dsg/south-lakes/vw-t5-california-se

We went to have a quick look and on the surface it looks great except for some classic blistering on the panel above the windscreen. I didn't get chance to check under the rubber roof seal but hope to do so on another viewing if the owner will allow it. I have spent some time in the roof corrosion pages trying to find information on fixing this outside of warranty but having a bit of trouble locating any substantial advice - is it purely cosmetic and a few hundred quid could sort it out? I guess the serious cases under warranty people prefer everything to be replaced but that is when VW are paying the bill.

On a van of this age are there any other 'gotchas' we should be aware of? I was mainly thinking of things like the parking heater or expensive things to get fixed should they wear out.

Any thoughts welcome.

I'm glad you found that for yourself. It's a bit awkward when we are invited to comment about vans advertised on the forum, who have paid to be there, and may be owned by an active forum member who we've become 'friends' with here or on a meet.

I'm glad you found that for yourself. It's a bit awkward when we are invited to comment about vans advertised on the forum, who have paid to be there, and may be owned by an active forum member who we've become 'friends' with here or on a meet.

Ah, I did think it was a bit quiet on the replies! Sorry yep should've realised it was a bit impolite to discuss vans for sale on here... on here. Thanks anyway and for the record the seller I found to be extremely helpful and in no way am I suggesting they know about any oil consumption issues. It is probably slightly early to have seen any problems anyway (at less than 50,000 miles) judging by the other examples.

If you call a few VW dealers and ask for the service department they will tell what experiences they have had.
My friend has a 11plate with 106k no issues at all. Main thing is full vw service history on time as vw are putting there hands up over this.

If you call a few VW dealers and ask for the service department they will tell what experiences they have had.
My friend has a 11plate with 106k no issues at all. Main thing is full vw service history on time as vw are putting there hands up over this.

Well that’s debatable. Vw have not put their hands up at all quite the contrary actually.

Speak to SMG that’s what they have told me previous. Only effected a small amount of vehicles. You can have problems with whatever you buy.

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone who contributes to this fantastic site, I have been using it for a few months now researching our first Cali purchase. My wife and young son are based in Kendal and are pretty excited to say the least about choosing our van...

So has anyone on here been to view this one in the South Lakes area? If so what was your opinion? Obviously feel free to PM or contact me direct if you prefer - adamoliver2011@+++++.com

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/classi...0-4motion-dsg/south-lakes/vw-t5-california-se

We went to have a quick look and on the surface it looks great except for some classic blistering on the panel above the windscreen. I didn't get chance to check under the rubber roof seal but hope to do so on another viewing if the owner will allow it. I have spent some time in the roof corrosion pages trying to find information on fixing this outside of warranty but having a bit of trouble locating any substantial advice - is it purely cosmetic and a few hundred quid could sort it out? I guess the serious cases under warranty people prefer everything to be replaced but that is when VW are paying the bill.

On a van of this age are there any other 'gotchas' we should be aware of? I was mainly thinking of things like the parking heater or expensive things to get fixed should they wear out.

Any thoughts welcome.
I sold my 14plate 4motion manual only for a few k more so I would save a little more and wait until autumn/winter as Cali tend to be a little cheaper out of high season. That’s only if you have doubts at that one.

Back