Hello from Leicestershire

AdyB

AdyB

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Hello
Thought I should say hello,

We are ABOUT to purchase a ocean 6.1, although we have hired campers before this will be our first purchase. Having watched every youtube video and read everything we could the only option for us was the California.
I think having understood the choice of premium for a second hand of fourteen month wait we have decided on the second hand option as life is too short to wait.

Fingers crossed that the transaction is smooth and hopefully will collect in about a week or so.

Looking forward to getting to be part of the club.

Hello

We are ABOUT to purchase a ocean 6.1, although we have hired campers before this will be our first purchase. Having watched every youtube video and read everything we could the only option for us was the California.
I think having understood the choice of premium for a second hand of fourteen month wait we have decided on the second hand option as life is too short to wait.

Fingers crossed that the transaction is smooth and hopefully will collect in about a week or so.

Hi welcome to the club.

and welcome from another cali owner in Leicesytershire!

Welcome here.
I tip my hat to your choice to pay rather than wait. Its been a long 13 months since I ordered, and we've missed a summer that we were led to believe would be with a California. Camp sites booked and cancelled at Easter, half term, summer, and now October half term...
Good luck finding the perfect spec.

Hello

Don't forget a few basic checks before you part with your money. I would check the pop top opens and closes correctly and there aren't any tears/repairs in the fabric. If there's a bike rack, make sure there's a locking key and all the clamps function correctly (they rust up internally and are very expensive to replace). Get them to put some water in the tank and check the tap works. Does the tailgate and side door soft close work correctly? Plus all the other checks you should do on buying a secondhand vehicle of course. Good luck with your camping to come. :)

Don't forget a few basic checks before you part with your money. I would check the pop top opens and closes correctly and there aren't any tears/repairs in the fabric. If there's a bike rack, make sure there's a locking key and all the clamps function correctly (they rust up internally and are very expensive to replace). Get them to put some water in the tank and check the tap works. Does the tailgate and side door soft close work correctly? Plus all the other checks you should do on buying a secondhand vehicle of course. Good luck with your camping to come. :)
Thanks, more tips and information the better..

Welcome, from another Leicestershire owner !

At this rate we're going to have a Leicestershire meet up sometime soon !!
Be good , actually "Melton Mowbray" ...feel like we already know you as watching your video's over the last couple of weeks convinced us to pull the trigger on the 6.1

Keep up the good work on the channel as have learnt many things without having the van yet :)

Welcome from just next door, close to Leicestershire!
Sounds like us, except we've gone for the wait - ordered today.
Found @itguy videos very good/informative too, keep up the good work. Especially liked the Configurator, sorry Confuserator one - followed that as we were speccing/ordering.

AdyB - keep us updated/pics ;)

Can anyone help with places to stay around Leicestershire need to be there for 10 days or so in our Cali

They look impressive might need to find something closer to Leicester city for at least some days