Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from Hertfordshire

M

McDee22

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Hi all - Mark here from Hertfordshire.

I thought I'd introduce myself after loitering on the forum for the past 9 months, living through your pictures and posts whilst I wait for my van to arrive.

I finally have a build date in July for a starlight blue Ocean from Breeze Poole which I'm very excited about.

We're planning to go away in late August but not sure I want to peg our holiday plans to the van arriving by then, given the ongoing risk of delays, so will just be frequent weekend trips away this year I think!

Thanks for all the tips and tricks shared on here to date.

Mark

:welcomeWelcome Mark,

quite a few of us in the Home Counties :cheers

I believe Breeze have a preferred campsite near their facility, you could make a trip of it when you pick up the Cali !

Last edited:
Thought about becoming a VIP member ?

discounts with various suppliers & club shop.
Can edit posts
Private message other VIPs
You’ll be supporting this great world wide resource

Welcome Mark

Im also Hertfordshire. Depending which part of the county you’re in, I’d recommend Town Farm campsite at Ivinghoe as somewhere to start. It’s our local, and use it a lot as we can get there in under the hour after finishing work.

Thought about becoming a VIP member ?

discounts with various suppliers & club shop.
Can edit posts
Private message other VIPs
You’ll be supporting this great world wide resource
Yep am planning to shortly just not got around to it yet!

Welcome Mark

Im also Hertfordshire. Depending which part of the county you’re in, I’d recommend Town Farm campsite at Ivinghoe as somewhere to start. It’s our local, and use it a lot as we can get there in under the hour after finishing work.
We cycle past there quite a lot, assuming it's the field and portaloos on that fast road between Ivinghoe and the beacon?

One of our much talked about plans is to drive to the beacon on a Friday night, cook dinner in the van and enjoy the sunset. It's close enough to just pop home after but I like the idea of a mobile kitchen on a nice evening.

We cycle past there quite a lot, assuming it's the field and portaloos on that fast road between Ivinghoe and the beacon?

One of our much talked about plans is to drive to the beacon on a Friday night, cook dinner in the van and enjoy the sunset. It's close enough to just pop home after but I like the idea of a mobile kitchen on a nice evening.
That’s the campsite @Moakesy mentioned above

The field and portaloo bit is for DoE kids…the proper campsite is at the rear. You can walk up the beacon from the site (just cross the road)

On the right night, the sunsets are unbelievable

5FC30101-1C0A-4760-86BE-EEA3B9A41BD2.jpeg

1B5BCE84-220B-4561-B3AE-3C4731E31AF0.jpeg

Welcome Mark

I'm not too far from there in North London - hopefully my Cali will arrive next month. Sounds like a good spot for a first test stopover. Thanks.