Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Height barriers - Will it? Won't it? How to be certain? 1.98m

You could tape a baby toy / dog toy with a squeaker to the top front of the awning - no squeak - safe to pass :D

For us, we need one on the rear of the awning too. I cracked the awning end cap reversing under a low hanging tree branch in a car park.

I'm currently re-instating an integrated garage to its original purpose so I can tuck my Cali safely away at night. Started stripping it out today and it's looking like I'll have 2.1m of available height overall. Is that going to be enough for my 6.1 Coast? It seems promising.

There's an initial "ramp" where the gradient of the driveway continues up into the garage, then at about 1m in it levels off sharply to a constant, near horizontal pitch all the way to the back. I'm intending to drive in forwards, so I'm tempted to say I would not have any problems with the approach angle. Should be able to test it out in the next day or two.

My builder is of course offering to dig out the existing base and put in a new one.

I'll have 2.1m of available height
As long as the threshold is level, sounds like you’ll have just enough height if you breathe in and duck as you drive in!
Suggest when you inflate your tyres or unload the boot you get someone to stand on the rear bumper and check as you ease in…

I'm currently re-instating an integrated garage to its original purpose so I can tuck my Cali safely away at night. Started stripping it out today and it's looking like I'll have 2.1m of available height overall. Is that going to be enough for my 6.1 Coast? It seems promising.

There's an initial "ramp" where the gradient of the driveway continues up into the garage, then at about 1m in it levels off sharply to a constant, near horizontal pitch all the way to the back. I'm intending to drive in forwards, so I'm tempted to say I would not have any problems with the approach angle. Should be able to test it out in the next day or two.

My builder is of course offering to dig out the existing base and put in a new one.
1653551633637.jpeg
We have a rather tight fit but avoided the need to dig down! One of us stands on a ladder and watches the van in everytime.
Getting the van lowered would be my main plan someday!

Back