Heater vent pointless?

flying banana

flying banana

T6 Ocean 204ps manual
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I've just replaced this heater vent as mine was broke. It's angled down straight at the seat base. What's the reason for this vent? I fitted the new one upside down so the vents now angle slightly upwards in my reasoning that makes more sense, especially for drying gloves socks etc on the seat. Anyone else had this thought and done this?

20240426_142144.jpg

I always though the little one was air in and big one hot air out.

I always though the little one was air in and big one hot air out.
no,air in is in the drivers stepwell. heat definitely blows out of that little one straight at the seat base

I recall a TPI for 6.1s because this vent had been installed upside down at the factory. The customer complaint was poor heater performance and I presume the cause to be excessive feedback caused by hot air blowing back into the inlet. I don't have it to hand so the details are a bit fuzzy.

I recall a TPI for 6.1s because this vent had been installed upside down at the factory. The customer complaint was poor heater performance and I presume the cause to be excessive feedback caused by hot air blowing back into the inlet. I don't have it to hand so the details are a bit fuzzy.
mine early T6 and was definitely angled downward. was always ill fitting as had a broken tab,sourced a new one and decided its best to angle the vent upwards. why would you blow hot air straight at the seat base ?

Just spit balling here. I'm assuming downwards venting might result is better heat distribution around the cabin. Upwards and the air flow if directed upwards and since hot air rises there may be pockets of heated area in certain areas.

yeah i thought that too. makes sense from the big vent. but this goes straight at the metal seat base heating it up. makes no sense even in LHD. the angle is only slight but i figure when drying my stuff out after walking i use the seat and made more sense to have the angle toward the seat itself. also might send a little more heat 'upstairs' .
i'm guessing they all point downward from factory. by the way if your tempted to reverse it, be very careful removing it as the heat makes the plastic tabs brittle and they snap off easy

I did notice my walking shoes were almost melting last weekend when I left them behind the driver's seat :eek:

But vent angle aside, we were very impressed with the heater on our first camping trip away.

I did notice my walking shoes were almost melting last weekend when I left them behind the driver's seat :eek:

But vent angle aside, we were very impressed with the heater on our first camping trip away.
I am on about the little square one that points no where. You could dry out a soggy Toblerone in the gap maybe

Back