Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Heater Recommendations

B

Bjohnson

VIP Member
Any recommendations for a suitable electric heater to go inside the Cali when we are on hook up, to save on using the diesel powered integral system?

We only want something very small. Argos have a small oil filled unit for £29 but not sure if this is any good compared to say a halogen type heater?

Never used a halogen heater so not sure what they are like.

I think the oil type would be better for us as could be set on a very low heat and positioned towards the front of the Cali when using the bottom bed set up, with minimal risk of damage to the interior - and us :crazy

Any one else use one of these?

I wouldn't bother to be honest we used to have a oil filled radiator but it's only something else
To cart around the Cali heater works brilliantly and it uses hardly any diesel it's great on level 3

We use a 2Kw fan heater, commonly available under different brand names for approx £12. It is quite compact and can be positioned vertically or horizontally. We find it sits in between the two front seats in the vertical position and quickly warms the van up. When the beds made up we position the van on one of the front seats. I must stress we don't sleep with the fan heater on though for obvious safety reasons. We bought ours from Amazon a few years ago when we got our first Cali.
If you've paid for elec hook-up, you might as well use it ( I'm a Yorkshireman after all) otherwise you might as well use the van on the leisure battery and save the cost. Some sites have non electric pitches inc the Caravan Club.

Hubert

Back