Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Headlining pulling away from control unit

T

Thomastemtime

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
The headlining in my 2006 SE is pulling away from the control panel on the left side, it seems to have also frayed a bit, when I pull it to try and tuck it in there dosent seem to be any slack and it risks pulling the liner loose.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I am thinking a fix with some sort of tape or surround would be best.

Any thoughts welcome.

Cheers

Tom.

Looking at that, at 17 yrs old, it is breaking down. It even looks like there might be some water marks there. I doubt if that is repairable. You could replace with new or remove whole cab headlining, remove fabric and recover with something similar.

Looking at that, at 17 yrs old, it is breaking down. It even looks like there might be some water marks there. I doubt if that is repairable. You could replace with new or remove whole cab headlining, remove fabric and recover with something similar.
I fear you are correct. I might put the job off for a while, only cosmetic and have some other bits to do first. Might be a big job to fix a little problem!

In the meantime I might find some grey cloth tape and do as neat a job as possible until I can pluck up the effort and courage to pull the whole lining off.

Maybe I should buy a 3d printer and make a surround

Back