Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

head light dark spot

morpeth clan

morpeth clan

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
hi all
my last cali was a 2008 and sad to say did not use it much due to house renovations, and don't remember much about the lights
but this one we are using a lot
now its getting dark I have noticed when you flick on high beam there is a dark patch just above the off side dip beam line
is this normal ?
thank you

hi all
my last cali was a 2008 and sad to say did not use it much due to house renovations, and don't remember much about the lights
now its getting dark I have noticed when you flick on high beam there is a dark patch just above the off side dip beam line
is this normal ?
thank you
Which headlights, Halogen or Zenon?

Can’t say I’ve noticed anything like that with my Halogen headlights, and I do a fair amount of night driving.

hi all
is this normal ?
thank you
Our first Cali (a 2010 T5.1) used to have a dark patch on both sides on main beam. I think it was due to the main beam being slightly too high. It didn’t really bother me as I didn’t do much night driving where it was possible to use main beam, so never did anything about it.

Have you tried adjusting the beam with the little thingy down by the light switch? Setting this to 1 will probably help. Don't forget that the Cali is basically a van and settings 2 and 3 are only needed if there is a heavy load in the back.

Have you tried adjusting the beam with the little thingy down by the light switch? Setting this to 1 will probably help. Don't forget that the Cali is basically a van and settings 2 and 3 are only needed if there is a heavy load in the back.
thanks
I will try it

Back