Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Have I paid right price for California

K

keacal2705

Hi,
Just put a deposit down on california described as 2007 Volkswagen California 2.5 TDI PD SE 174 4dr Tip Auto Diesel Estate
4 Door Estate, Diesel, Automatic, PAS, Heated front seat, Drivers airbag, Steering wheel reach adjustment, Alloy wheels, Electric door mirrors. Alcantra Leather/Suede interior, full set of Brandrup accessories, 4 bike Volkswagen Bike rack

It is a 3 rail job as I will buy an extra seat.

Anyone able to give a guide on value as nervous I have done the right thing.

Hi Mate and welcome to the club, how many miles has the Cali done and was it a private sale?

More details but the going rate for a pre facelift seems to be around 30k mark. More toys the higher the price.

Yes, I agree with Chris, seeing at this is a private sale and that kind of mileage also compared with what has been available for sale recently I would not want to pay more than £30K

For example we have a 2008 for sale in our 'for sale' section which is a year newer and only 12000 miles, this is up for £34K ono

Than you chaps. I am paying 30,500 so a little over your thoughts. It does have a few extra goodies but nothing amazing. I can live with £500 too much.

Funnily enough it is very near chichester that I am buying it.

I am hopeful that I can attend a meet where people will help me with using it as the chap selling only owned it a year and slept in it twice so was rusty on how to operate it. Collect in mid may all being well.

Thanks again.

Hi Lee, if it is not too far away I am more than happy to pop over and have a look at it for you, just PM me. As for a meet we are currently in the process of planning our next meet which will be somewhere on the South coast in June . Where are you located?

Hello Lee and welcome to the forum.

Prices for second hand Cali's are always hard to quantify as the book price (which is always far lower than the actual price) does not take into account the supply and demand.

You see very few Cali's sub £30,000 as there are just not that many Classic (Pre face lift) Cali's around. Also you get a lot of people wanting them keeping the prices high.

We bought our Classic 2007 last year at the end of the season so got it for a good price. We love the DSG and the 5 pot 174. It drives nicely has great power and good diesel consumption, if not driven hard.

So IMHO you are getting the right spec and some good accessories as well. :thumb

Good luck with the purchase and have fun with it when you pick it up in May. :D

John

Wow, that is very kind if you. It is in birdham.
I have to give some further non refundable deposit by Tuesday which would probably be too short notice. I am a complete novice so any help extremely welcome. I have been waiting for a three rail auto with lowing mileage for a while but cant believe I am finally doing it!

I live in hurst, near reading. I have just seen pictures of a meeting held at the bird in hand which is minutes away from me.

I don't know how to do a pm yet! Will see if I can work it out!

Thanks Very much John,

Crikey, this place is friendly. You guys should visit a oil share forum I read where everyone is horrible to each other!

Thanks again.

I bought a late (Nov) 2007 in November last year. It was the 130 model with cruise, climate control, bike rack, plus some nice extras, Brandrup mats, covers for all seats, awnings etc. It is a 5th seat model with leather/alcantara and it had 35k miles and I paid K30.
Like you, I was a wondering if I am doing the right thing but it is immaculate and I am pleased with my purchase.
I hope you like yours too and well done.

Paul

Back