Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Has something gone wrong at VW?

Mark13

Mark13

Vehicle
Cali now sold
Just got back from a short break, departure for which was delayed by a day waiting for the dealer to locate the right part to complete some warranty work. Found on the doorstep one of those irritating notes from the postman saying pick up a letter at the sorting office, signature needed.

Irritation evaporates on finding said letter contains John Lewis vouchers, sent, unprompted, as an apology by the dealer. No defensiveness, no excuses, just a straightforward sorry, know we got it wrong, can't give the time back but hope this helps.

Which means I think that we have at last found a VW dealer who understands customer service, and the only downside of owning the Cali (dealing with the dealers, VW, VW customer services etc) is, for us, no more (well, hopefully).

Wonder if the rest of the VW empire will take note . . .

Mark

I am pretty sure this effort comes from your dealer who is concernd about his clients and not from VW headoffice.
Good to hear someting positive!

If they had come from VW then look for the "offer expires 31/12/2016"

so which dealer was it?

Blimey, the only freebies I've had from VW dealers are a soiled paper towel left on dashboard and duct tape left on bodywork with residue for me to clean!

If they had come from VW then look for the "offer expires 31/12/2016"

so which dealer was it?
Confess had to double check, given this experience is so different to previous.

Dealer is Alan Day City, recommended by Camper Vantastic. They look after Calis although not an official van centre. I do wonder if that accounts for it, but suspect its just decent customer service. As in the sort you would reasonably expect.

I do like some positive news from wherever or whoever!:):)

Cherish the moment it will be a while before it comes round again.

I am pretty sure we don't have an "Alan Day City" anywhere close to me in Walsall (near Birmingham):(

Thanks for sharing Mark:thumb

I am pretty sure we don't have an "Alan Day City" anywhere close to me in Walsall (near Birmingham):(

Dealer is Alan Day City, recommended by Camper Vantastic. They look after Calis although not an official van centre. I do wonder if that accounts for it, but suspect its just decent customer service. As in the sort you would reasonably expect.

Some more good news then JW..... As you are close to yours being made, mine was finished at the factory on 23 December and despite Christmas and New year it made it to the dealer in Sussex 19 days later. You may have it week 7? By they way, your dealer can speed up delivery once it lands in the UK but not before. I kept an eye on its shipping and liaised with the dealer the day it landed. That is sort of good news in the world of VW customer service?

Hi fellow Londoner!
We bought our van, a display model, from Alan Day on the North Circular but have been well looked after by Alan Day City (because it is nearer to us) and any problems we have had, have not been theirs.

Some more good news then JW..... As you are close to yours being made, mine was finished at the factory on 23 December and despite Christmas and New year it made it to the dealer in Sussex 19 days later. You may have it week 7? By they way, your dealer can speed up delivery once it lands in the UK but not before. I kept an eye on its shipping and liaised with the dealer the day it landed. That is sort of good news in the world of VW customer service?
That's a quick turnround! Must have been the last one on the boat with immediate sailing. If I am honest I don't need the Cali until last week March. Will begin to panic if not got by then. Holiday booked and new VED avoidance is my focus!

Hi fellow Londoner!
We bought our van, a display model, from Alan Day on the North Circular but have been well looked after by Alan Day City (because it is nearer to us) and any problems we have had, have not been theirs.
Hello, thanks - we'll definitely stick with them . . . not that there are a lot of options round here . . .

Cheers,

Mark

Back