Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Handover Checklist

VECali

VECali

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi all

We're collecting our new Cali from the dealer this Friday...very excited as well as a bit nervous too!! I was hoping someone could advise what we need to check for when we take ownership. I can think of the following but thought maybe the experts could advise;

nets for upstairs bed
screens for fronts windows
rod for roll out awning
fridge basket
sink bowl
first aid kit

Sure I've missed things and any pointers for the whole handover procedure would be welcome.
Many thanks
Ben & Kelly

Hi Ben and Kelly
Make sure the gas fittings are there ( in the back cupboard under the round lid )
There should be 2 mossy screens.
The straps for holding roof down in an emergency.
There should also be a strap to fit the small table over the bench seat.
Check tool kit fixed to the back of the bed.
Handbooks and Cali supplement.
Sure I may have missed something. :oops: Someone else will correct me I'm sure.

Just check the condition all over. Ask plenty of questions. Dont feel rushed and most of all enjoy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Calikev, I didn't even know about some of things you've covered so great advice. The dealer has asked us to allow 2-2.5 hours with him so he can go do a thorough handover so it sounds like they want to be comprehensive. Looking forward to it!

Congratulations on your purchase, you must be very excited about collecting on Friday.

A few items to add that you should have...

2 x mosquito nets for side sliding windows
2 x pegs to hold awning leg feet down
Strap to hold table to rear seats
Ties to hold roof down in event of pump failure
Cutlery drawer
All manuals... stereo, T5 owners manual, cali supplement, service book, Roadside assistance handbook

Tool kit containing the following
jack
screwdriver
clip to remove wheel centre caps
wheel brace

Enjoy your cali when you get it.

Great thread. I have every confidence in Listers Coventry and Jason the sales guy. so far he has been impeccable.
I think I’ll see how this goes here and create a list for the pick up.

Cali Inventory......Please add anything missed

2x Ignition Keys

1X Remote Key for Heating

Full set of Handbooks

Front Pop Out Screens

Fly screens for side windows

Childs Safety Net

Strap for fixing inner table to back seats

Handle for wind out awning

Tiedown strap for roof incase mechanism fails

Euro cable

Warning Triangle and First Aid Kit

Thank you all for the help with this list, it proved extremely helpful for peace of mind knowing what should be in the van. the dealer took us through everything anyway. We have now taken ownership of a gorgeous Black 180 DSG Cali. We can't stop smiling! Will post some pictures/spec etc tomorrow.

Well done you. Big grin time. Don't forget to leave a dealer review.

I pulled out a list compiled from this thread and the only thing that I couldn't tick the box on was the straps to hold down the roof in the event of a mechanical failure. The salesman said he had never heard of them in 7 years of selling the California so I put my list away. Reading through the Cali supplement it has a section devoted to the use of said straps so I think a call to the dealer is needed. As I don't have them in my van.

Steve.

We pulled out the list at the dealers, he was very impressed with us for being so organised! He too wasn't sure about the straps for the roof but we found a set of straps in the under seat storage and after a quick investigation we found them to be the ones we were looking for, so Mark (the dealer) learnt something new too! Regards Kelly

Finally got round to posting a picture...at least I hope I have! 180 DSG - test drove a manual, went for the DSG and couldn't be happier....a pleasure to drive and the gear changes are as smooth as silk.

This is Rex, named by my two boys after Captain Rex from Star Wars Clone Wars....don't ask!! They absolutely love the van having had a couple of day trips and can't wait to get away properly...roll on the spring!!

Thanks to all who posted here, very much appreciated and hugely helpful, as is the site in general for total newbies like us.

IMAG0257.2.jpg

That looks awsome mate. Not surprised your well chuffed. Hopefully see it in the flesh one day :thumb

Due to so many people collecting their Cali's over the coming weeks I have made the Handover checklist into a handy PDF so it is easy to print out and tick everything off.

http://www.vwcaliforniaclub.com/handover.pdf This is also available in the downloads section of the website.

Thanks everyone that added to the content.

Cheers for the list Martin!

I've been putting together my own, and have a few extra items on it - not sure if these are valid/relevant?

- Manual for stereo
- Key for water tank
- Fuse extracting tool
- Locking wheel nut bolt
- Service / log books - ensure dealer stamps present
- Relevant cerificates for alarm (and in my case, tracker too, as this is being fitted by the dealer)

Steve

went to collect new cali today armed with a printout of the handover checklist and was very pleased to be able to tick every box .
thanks for this list made handover much easier as wasnt worried about forgetting everything.

Glad you found it helpful! Enjoy your new Cali, we are still smiling like Cheshire cats!

Another thing for the list. I picked up my Cali last weekend and took along the checklist. Everything was there - perfect (or so I thought).
I was just getting it ready to take it away this weekend and for some reason looked underneath - not sure why - just fancied a look I guess. I noticed that there is no spare wheel :shocked
So - a new row on the checklist saying wheels x 5 would be good. :headwall

Doug

Which wheels do you have Doug as I remember some now come with a can of tyre puncture foam instead of an actual spare wheel? I think it might have been the 18" Dakar's?

( I will get that added to the checklist though on our next update )

I have a Berghaus with 18" Dakar Bi-Colour alloy wheels. I just had a quick look and it does have a can of tyre puncture foam under the rear seat along with a electric pump. That must be it. Thanks for pointing that out.

can of tyre puncture foam under the rear seat along with a electric pump

Not sure if it still holds true but tyre company's used to refused to do a repair on a tyre once they'd had this in them. Yes I know it is supposed to repair tyre, but probably not a large hole.

Hi all! I tried that PDF and the link doesn't work :?: :sad I live in Spain and would...and probably will get the VIP Membership, but much of what it offers isn't much good to me over hear. It always amazes me that a tiny place like the UK has so much enthusiasm for cars, motorbikes and for us obsessed with the VW California, but here isn Spain, a country perfect for such things, there is very little! No wonder the economic situation is a bit better over in the UK than here, they don't sell anything! :headbang

Great tips as usual, :thanks

Simon you need a password to download stuff, this is available to VIP members. This was put in place because every tom dick & harry (non members) were downloading suff & using a lot of our bandwidth.

Back