Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Greetings from Switzerland

Lightscape

Lightscape

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi there and greetings from Switzerland.
Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Neil and although I bought a 2019 California Ocean T6 150PS TDI in July of this year it has taken me this long to register here in the VW California Club.
I have however been reading in the background and learning a lot, thanks to everyone.

We have made several trips in our “Billy” starting with the day after delivery leaving for a 2-week tour here in Switzerland. Really enjoyed it.

I was born in England, moved to New Zealand at the age of 15 and have been in Switzerland (Menzingen, ZG in the German speaking part of the country) for 33 years. So, if anybody needs help or information whilst travelling here or just passing through let me know.

The name "lightscape" originates from my main hobby (photography) for which Billy is an excellent companion!

All good things Neil

Hi there and greetings from Switzerland.
Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Neil and although I bought a 2019 California Ocean T6 150PS TDI in July of this year it has taken me this long to register here in the VW California Club.
I have however been reading in the background and learning a lot, thanks to everyone.

We have made several trips in our “Billy” starting with the day after delivery leaving for a 2-week tour here in Switzerland. Really enjoyed it.

I was born in England, moved to New Zealand at the age of 15 and have been in Switzerland (Menzingen, ZG in the German speaking part of the country) for 33 years. So, if anybody needs help or information whilst travelling here or just passing through let me know.

The name "lightscape" originates from my main hobby (photography) for which Billy is an excellent companion!

All good things Neil
Grüezi Neil

I’m sure you’ll have many brilliant trips in your Cali. We enjoyed Switzerland in the summer, but didn’t visit Zug or Luzern this time. Berner Oberland and Montreux. Maybe next time.

Hello, and welcome.

Used to travel a lot to Switzerland when I was a kid.
Now I occasionally get back to Switzerland, always in summertime, unprepared, so always a surprise if there is still a spot on a camping left. Always gone to Wallis (region Raron), or Berner Oberland (Lauterbrunnen/Stechelberg). I once went to Maloja, and I want to go there back one time.

Oh, it took me 9 years to subscribe to this forum, so you don't need to excuse.

Went on my first trip just 3 days after having the California. When I returned 2 weeks later, I had 3000km on the counter.

Anyways, enjoy!

Grüezi Neil

I’m sure you’ll have many brilliant trips in your Cali. We enjoyed Switzerland in the summer, but didn’t visit Zug or Luzern this time. Berner Oberland and Montreux. Maybe next time.
Grüezi Alan thanks for your welcome. It's a shame you did not make it to the Zug area. It really is beautiful. Maybe next time. Best wishes Neil

Hello, and welcome.

Used to travel a lot to Switzerland when I was a kid.
Now I occasionally get back to Switzerland, always in summertime, unprepared, so always a surprise if there is still a spot on a camping left. Always gone to Wallis (region Raron), or Berner Oberland (Lauterbrunnen/Stechelberg). I once went to Maloja, and I want to go there back one time.

Oh, it took me 9 years to subscribe to this forum, so you don't need to excuse.

Went on my first trip just 3 days after having the California. When I returned 2 weeks later, I had 3000km on the counter.

Anyways, enjoy!
Hi triplebee, thanks for your welcome message. Yes Wallis and of course Berner Oberland are very popular, but then we have lots of nice areas worth visiting. I think where I live is nice too. Just outside of Zug. Cheers Neil

I might consider going that way too once.
Thanks for the tip.

Hallo Neil, schön zu lesen, dass immer mehr hier vom California Club in der Schweiz wohnen! Herzlich willkommen!
Liebe Grüsse aus Schwyz

Ich habe jetzt viele Scwheizer California gesehen in Belgien und in Frankreich.
Die California ist das perfekte Wohnmobil für die Schweizer. Sie können also gut die Bergen besuchen.

Yes, I understand a couple of languages, because I live in a country with 2 native languages (well, 3 actually, if we count the little German part of eastern Belgium, and we should!).

Grüezi Alan thanks for your welcome. It's a shame you did not make it to the Zug area. It really is beautiful. Maybe next time. Best wishes Neil
Yes, Zentral Schwyz is really beautiful. My family are from Winterthur, but I also have relatives in Basel. As a kid I spent many holidays in Parpan as my grandparents had an apartment there. My godparents had a house in Engelberg, so I’ve been on the slopes of Titlis many times and of course we therefore know Luzern very well.

Hallo Neil, schön zu lesen, dass immer mehr hier vom California Club in der Schweiz wohnen! Herzlich willkommen!
Liebe Grüsse aus Schwyz
Orginal Schwyzer! Hoi Zämme

Neil and Sapto, this van we spotted in the Summer is a Luzerner. You might come across it sometime 861D407A-8132-4CEB-8744-6F4108D5E6E9.jpeg

Back