Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Greater Manchester Clean Air Zone

ah, alas, I didn't screen grab prior to thew change, but it says van now, as you can see;Screenshot 2022-02-04 at 18.01.32.png

ah, alas, I didn't screen grab prior to thew change, but it says van now, as you can see;View attachment 88885
Mine also shows as VAN

Anyone with a Euro 5 (T5 or T5.1) getting a full exemption from Bath, Bradford, Greater Manchester or Portsmouth CAZ and willing to reveal what their CAZ vehicle type is showing as?

NB blank out your Reg. Number never know if the CAZ police are watching

Petrol beach, no charges all the way! Screenshot_20220211-133701.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Petrol beach, no charges all the way! View attachment 89147

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
As it should be for a Euro6 emission standard Petrol engine.
Petrol engines only have to be Euro4 compliant to be exempt in all Category A to D CAZ.

The issue that is of interest is that some Diesel engined T5 and T5.1 models of VW California or Transporter based conversions are showing as fully exempt even though their engines are only Euro 5 compliant so should not be exempt from any category A to C CAZ zone unless they are being categorised as a Car (M1 passenger vehicle under 3.5 tonnes).

The Caravelle example was a 2008 T5 Euro 5 diesel model and would be exempt from A to C CAZ zones as shown on the checker at post #75.

So far no one with one of the California or Transport conversions with a Euro5 Diesel engine that is fully exempt from CAZ zones A to C has posted the details of their CAZ vehicle type description on the checker.

If it says “Van” it should not be coming up fully exempt and if it says “Car” that will be the reason for the full exemption but how this got into the database is anyone’s guess but good luck for the owner.;)

At #58 I said I had written to the key officers at the GM Clean Air Team.

Below is the reply confirming the current CAZ implementation from June 2022 has been scrapped, the 10 Authorities are to go back to the drawing board and produce a new clean air plan (CAP) by July 2022 with full implementation by 2026.

Keep watching and if you have a Euro 5 engined Camper and may be affected, lobby hard for at least residential exemption as exist in other CAZ’s and specific exemption for leisure or M1 type vehicles.

Try to be heard.

A67B3560-8AB6-4086-8530-E26C0F99B08E.jpeg

Back