Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grand California gas bottles

C

Chris Harris

Vehicle
Grand California 600
Help please,

I am replacing my T6 California with a Grand California 600 and I'm wondering which gas bottles the new van takes. I would be great to get everything ready before it arrives in September.

Thanks

Have you gone for the standard heating or diesel heating
If it’s the gas you will need a couple of the knee height ones 7kg or something like that .
If you opted for the upgraded diesel you can use your cali bottle because you will only be using it for the cooker hob !

Help please,

I am replacing my T6 California with a Grand California 600 and I'm wondering which gas bottles the new van takes. I would be great to get everything ready before it arrives in September.
Hi the standard as VW recommend are x2 11kg cylinders. I have opted for a refillable system X1 6kg and x1 11kg via Gaslow this is a refillable system at petrol stations at approx 60p per liter not all PFS have LPG but a good few do. Even more in europe. As most of the system has been installed via VW it should only cost about £650. You own the cylinders

Will

Help please,

Thanks
The correct bottle for the GC is an 11kg propane bottle, this fits perfectly as the GC was designed for it. Smaller 6kg /7kg will fit but they are smaller for the fixing points and tighter on the gas pipe. The 11kg bottle is not always available with some suppliers some only have the bigger 13kg which will be too big?

As per Jays post above, have you got diesel heating? if so then a single 6kg propane bottle is more than sufficient as it’s only for the cooker hob. This leaves plenty additional space in the cupboard. You will have an idea how long your Cali 907 bottle lasted and the propane bottle above is about three times the capacity. The weight of carrying 2x11kg bottles is also a consideration.

Back