Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grand California 680 insurance quotes? Where to go?

G

G-A-R-Y

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Trying to get quotes, Caravan club £850, LV £330, just tried Comfort and I get this box pop up. Is anyone else with Comfort?
insurance.JPG

Just called them, it's because I've put £75000, that's the threshold.

We are with comfort with our 680, and have to meet the criteria as you see in the red box. Been with comfort (and used their breakdown service on previous Motorhome) for years with no issues. Always at the end of the phone after a few rings.

Looks like we'll go with Comfort even though they are more expensive than LV. We today put a deposit on van which I will view tomorrow.

Comfort asked if the vehicle was "wrapped". Answer no, why? We don't insure "wrapped vehicles"

Why on earth is that so????

I think main reason is it makes the vehicle description on the V5 wrong, happy to be corrected.

Looks like we'll go with Comfort even though they are more expensive than LV. We today put a deposit on van which I will view tomorrow.

Comfort asked if the vehicle was "wrapped". Answer no, why? We don't insure "wrapped vehicles"

Why on earth is that so????
A number of reasons.

Wraps (and PPF), can damage the paint if applied to a new car. It can delaminate the paint which causes the paint to peel off with the wrap when removed

If you damage a panel, a body shop can usually just paint that panel or area, and match the paint to the level of fading by taking samples of the paint in that area. With wrap, there is no way to adjust, so a full rewrap might be necessary.

Last, if the wrap colour is out of production, no way to supply for one section, so again a full rewarp might be needed.

Been on the phone for ages trying to take out Comforts quote, they just won't answer. I think we'll give them a miss.
Can anyone recommend a decent company that answers phones.

Been on the phone for ages trying to take out Comforts quote, they just won't answer. I think we'll give them a miss.
Can anyone recommend a decent company that answers phones.
Try comfort on a weekday, never had any issues with them answering phone.

NFU. Won’t be the cheapest, but who wants ‘cheap’ insurance on a valuable asset? Proved to be the best value for a quality policy for us.

Safeguard are worth a try.
Had them for previous Motorhome as well as Cali.

Motorhome needed a Tracker way back in 2009.

Last edited:
Back