Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grand Cali Newbie from Edinburgh

C

Craigie

Vehicle
Grand California 600
Hi folks, I’ve just taken the plunge after 10 years of hiring campers and bought a new Grand Cali. Had always intended purchasing for my retirement but the COVID travelling restrictions were taking their toll on my wife and I, so dived in earlier than planned

I’m really looking forward to getting away at weekends and holidaying at home and abroad in the future - let the adventures begin (after 26th April)......

I’ll no doubt be asking lots of questions over next few weeks / months as I get out and about.

One thing that jumps to mind is that I didn’t receive a water hose, electrical cables or chocks with my brand new Grand Cali - is that normal?

Craig

Welcome !
You have to buy those extras yourself along with the gas.
Lots of choice on levelling ramps, electrical hook up in my view is best with 10metre and 15metres extensions as its less faff if the point is close but its the full 25metres which they can be you can just join them. Not really used a hose so cannot comment on the best option, I prefer a funnel and folding water carrier.

:welcome Welcome.
You can buy potable water hose online. I got one and a bag to keep it in.

Welcome !
You have to buy those extras yourself along with the gas.
Lots of choice on levelling ramps, electrical hook up in my view is best with 10metre and 15metres extensions as its less faff if the point is close but its the full 25metres which they can be you can just join them. Not really used a hose so cannot comment on the best option, I prefer a funnel and folding water carrier.
Thanks Philip, that’s really helpful

:welcome Welcome.
You can buy potable water hose online. I got one and a bag to keep it in.
Thanks Alison, I’ll take a look online. A bag to keep them in sounds sensible. There’s so many thing I’ll need to get. Exciting times

You should be able to get everything you need from go outdoors down in Granton. Because they sell bikes they are still open for business. Did you use Edinburgh van centre as they should have given you a full handover and advice on what extras you needed.

Welcome Craig,

You should have received,

Inner blinds, not particularly good IMO, maybe look at external as, no/less condensation.
Gas pig tails and straps
And possibly a euro shore power connector.
Tyre inflator and gunk. As there is no spare as standard.

All other bits and are down to you, chose carefully and buy once, one of your biggest choices will be what gas supply to opt for.

Will

Congratulations on the new purchase. Enjoy many trips ahead once we get out of COVID.

Last edited:
Back