Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Graffiti

Sorry I am a heathen when it comes to abstract art. If someone has to explain to me what I am looking at I'm not interested.

I'm off to invest in Tulips, its far safer place to put my money.

I just thought you might have seen the sequence in the clip (min 11.30) concerning the decadence feeling he had about the price of his own work (Rothko being a communist).
Still, I do like the man's work a lot. But as he said himself, you need to step into it, which is not working via representations.

Not quite Graffiti but some Seagull art (possibly a self portrait :Iamsorry ) spotted in a back street when working in Blackpool recently. 20200330_132727[164].jpg

Very British in Flanders :)
Charming, but ill-researched. The animals depicted appear to be Asiatic Black Bears (also known as the White Chested Bear). Whereas the foot guards regiments' (including the Coldstream Guards depicted - star-shaped collar badges and tunic buttons in pairs) parade dress uniform has a bearskin created from the pelts of American Black Bears, culled annually in Canada in their thousands to control numbers.

You're welcome.

(P.S. not sure what the weapons carried are supposed to be in the mural, but on ceremonial duties guardsman always have bayonets fixed.)

Charming, but ill-researched. The animals depicted appear to be Asiatic Black Bears (also known as the White Chested Bear). Whereas the foot guards regiments' (including the Coldstream Guards depicted - star-shaped collar badges and tunic buttons in pairs) parade dress uniform has a bearskin created from the pelts of American Black Bears, culled annually in Canada in their thousands to control numbers.

You're welcome.

(P.S. not sure what the weapons carried are supposed to be in the mural, but on ceremonial duties guardsman always have bayonets fixed.)
Well, still remains just graffiti, but interesting story. Bayonets would have pricked some poor buttocks I guess :rolleyes: