Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Goodyear vector 4 season breaking up

It may help to write to Goodyear and see what they have to say? Maybe warranty?
Pop a note in the post to the pope at the same time, see if he’s interested in converting to Islam?

I am 14000 mile in on my vector 4 season and they are starting to break up see pictures attached which is concerning this is only on the front wheels.

View attachment 99739

View attachment 99740

View attachment 99741

View attachment 99742
I had similar damage on michelin crossclimate after driving few thousand miles with too low tire pressure on T6 few years ago. The pressure gauge I used to inflate the tires turned out to be showing incorrect pressure. Nowadays I keep pressure little higher in all seasons than in normal tires.

Few years back i ran Goodyear vectors on my T4 they cracked radially around the tire in the middle of the grooves in the tread after 6months and a few thousand miles. Had to fit new tryes, i chased up the warranty through national tyre and got 50% of the cost of my replacement tyres back as goodwill they claimed so i was still out of pocket. Given the tread blocks were intact and barely worn at time i felt a bit miffed but moved on. As your tread blocks look torn on the surface id expect they will claim that damage is likely due to hard driving and beyond what they consider reasonable use, equally i expect they will say that to have led to the cracks at the base of the tread block.

Back