Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Good dealership in Scotland for service and repair

Van Maurice

Van Maurice

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Does anyone know the current state of play of the Scottish dealerships. I see posts going back a couple of years recommending Edinburgh Van Centre and NOT recommending Glasgow. We live in Ayr now having moved from Essex 4 weeks ago. I have a specific problem with loose rivets on the rear awning bracket.

Does anyone know the current state of play of the Scottish dealerships. I see posts going back a couple of years recommending Edinburgh Van Centre and NOT recommending Glasgow. We live in Ayr now having moved from Essex 4 weeks ago. I have a specific problem with loose rivets on the rear awning bracket.
Hi the Glasgow Darnley van centre is now closed only one still open is the one in baillieston.

I've used Lookers at Bailieston (and its previous incarnation) for about 10 years. The odd hiccup but generally very happy with their service and parts section. Their Cali man has been exceptionally helpful (I think he's currently part-time, training for retirement). Shame the Darnley van place has closed as it's much nearer to Ayr.
Good luck.

My personal view after reading views and experiences with Glasgow is i would go to Edinburgh as sounds good. My closest dealer Hawco Inverness I have found excellent so far. If it were not for Covid I would have gone to Edinburgh, service and a family visit.

Had my Cali serviced and MOT’d at the VW van centre in Perth. All was good - polite staff and work done quickly + a courtesy vehicle.

That's an easy DIY fix. Drill them out and pop a new rivet in one at a time. You will need a rivet gun and the right size rivets.handy things to own if you dont have one already

Back