Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Going to toilet block in pyjamas on club sites

LisaKent

LisaKent

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Can I ask if it is considered right or wrong to go to the loo block in the morning in my pyjamas? I did it last weekend at a Motorhome and Caravan club site at Longleat and everyone looked at me as if I had escaped from a mental hospital. I must admit this was our first ever visit to a club site and most of the campers did look like they were from the local old folks home but I find it just weird the way they stared at me and found it very uncomfortable. At the sites I usually stay at in Cornwall other campers would not bat an eyelid.

Was it a set from Anne Summers?
We were there the other week and although I would fit the OAP age range I must say seems quite normal to go to the loo or shower block in pyjamas while camping.

Can I ask if it is considered right or wrong to go to the loo block in the morning in my pyjamas? I did it last weekend at a Motorhome and Caravan club site at Longleat and everyone looked at me as if I had escaped from a mental hospital. I must admit this was our first ever visit to a club site and most of the campers did look like they were from the local old folks home but I find it just weird the way they stared at me and found it very uncomfortable. At the sites I usually stay at in Cornwall other campers would not bat an eyelid.

When you gotta go you gotta go, PJ,s should be no problem for most !

Never wear a pyjama , so would be running arround naked....
one of the reasons we have a Porta-Potti :D

Seen people wearing a bathrobe walking to the sanitairy block at campsites ...i would not do so but if they feel comfortable with it i don't mind , it's a free world on what to wear....

There was a lady in Morrisons tonight in her pyjamas if that’s any consolation

This made me chuckle! Call it 'lounge wear' and it has a totally different image.
I have seen some truly awful sights on sites in the morning but no, I think your PJs are fine.
I do think that on club sites, particularly CMC they like to 'observe' ie stare. I find it slightly disconcerting that fellow campers will openly sit and watch me when I arrive and set up. No attempt to hide it, they even angle their chairs so they have a better view. Thank goodness the Cali is so easy....

Never wear a pyjama , so would be running arround naked....
one of the reasons we have a Porta-Potti :D

Seen people wearing a bathrobe walking to the sanitairy block at campsites ...i would not do so but if they feel comfortable with it i don't mind , it's a free world on what to wear....

TMI @hotel california :(

We have a family near us who we often see in their pyjamas , the wife always has a fag on the go and she also has those strange thick eyebrows that look like they are dawn on to the forehead.

@LisaKent

Nothing wrong with it.

I have no idea why you attracted looks, go in the Ladies on any Site early In the morning and it looks like a photoshoot from a Littlewoods catalogue! :shocked

Anything goes these days, I was out walking with Mrs M last weekend when a young lady came running towards us only wearing what I would have described as a pair of tights on her lower parts. Just after she passed she turned round and ran the other way past us again. Mrs M was watching my reaction! Then she stopped turned round again, and did a number of touching toes bend overs. Meanwhile another old geezer like myself was cycling towards us going nearly cross eyed. :shocked

I don’t know why anyone would stare at someone in pyjamas unless, as someone said above, you were wearing something from the Ann Summers catalogue! :D

Well We thought it was derigeur to wear your dressing gown, it’s quite the thing on the continent. We felt quite left out on most sites. Caravaners and motorhome owners being the biggest culprits. Wear your jimjams with pride.

Perfectly acceptable! Although ... I did once get up at about 4.30am on a French campsite for a wee wearing a 'long' t shirt as a nightie. Legged it over to the wazzers and thought I'd got away with it, only to notice a lovely Dutch family sitting outside their unit having a coffee and enjoying the early morning view. Note to self: wear a longer t shirt or pj bottoms next time!

They were probably surprised to see someone who didnt drive to the toilets, I doubt it was your pjs. ;)

Perfectly acceptable! Although ... I did once get up at about 4.30am on a French campsite for a wee wearing a 'long' t shirt as a nightie. Legged it over to the wazzers and thought I'd got away with it, only to notice a lovely Dutch family sitting outside their unit having a coffee and enjoying the early morning view. Note to self: wear a longer t shirt or pj bottoms next time!
I was wondering when baby doll nighties going to come up in this section, let the wind blow high..............

ME I use my silk dressing gown and flower power green style crocs.
Before any comments, bought dressing gown in Hong Kong 25yrs ago and can be screwed up in wardrobe, and still looks good

Most M and CC sites consider it a Cardinal Sin to park the wrong way round so flouncing around in your jimjams probably will raise a few old school eye brows. Just ignore them.

Perhaps I should try it sometime. That should make the curtains twitch,.....I never wear PJs! :Nailbiting

Back