Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Going to toilet block in pyjamas on club sites

You can always go to bed fully dressed! ;)

I've spent the night once(roof down in stealth mode ) fully dresses in the Cali but more due security resons and to make sure to have a quick start-off in case ...

I've spent the night once(roof down in stealth mode ) fully dresses in the Cali but more due security resons and to make sure to have a quick start-off in case ...
A must if you’re concerned about security, you never know what might happen.

I was staying over in a community centre car park in the Wye Valley (for a tai chi weekend) on my own. In the day/evening time it was an idyllic spot. Bedtime came and so did a car in the opposite corner, then lots of visitors in cars. Thought at first it was “doggers” but it turned out to be drug dealing. Luckily they left me alone. Thought it best not to draw attention and drive away, but was ready for a quick getaway if they didn’t.

Also if you’re stopping over in a place that allows overnight parking, but not sleeping (if you’ve never seen it, it’s often in places like coastal car parks where people night fish, etc, but the local authority don’t want “camping”) you can sleep sitting up with lights on and the kettle ready as if you’ve just come back to the van for a brew. If a warden knocks you can offer them a cuppa.

As long as your bits are covered so as not to offend there should be no problem.

I’m usually in baggy t-shirt and knickers or have just a towel wrapped round me.
Not bothered about stares or sideways glances or people who lower their eyes or skuttle away as I loudly wish them a good day, morning, evening or night.

Can I ask if it is considered right or wrong to go to the loo block in the morning in my pyjamas? I did it last weekend at a Motorhome and Caravan club site at Longleat and everyone looked at me as if I had escaped from a mental hospital. I must admit this was our first ever visit to a club site and most of the campers did look like they were from the local old folks home but I find it just weird the way they stared at me and found it very uncomfortable. At the sites I usually stay at in Cornwall other campers would not bat an eyelid.
I have a light robe over my PJs, but if I didn't have one, I would not sweat it at all, nor would I stare my fellow camper down. Just wave and smile, if it isn't returned, aren't you glad you're not married to an old grump!

Back