Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Going to toilet block in pyjamas on club sites

Hi Lisa

I would say that’s a universal yes Ok to wear PJs to the toilet block, so long as not of the Ann summers variety!

not so Ok for the emperors new clothes !

Life’s too short to worry about it, enjoy Cali life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I ask if it is considered right or wrong to go to the loo block in the morning in my pyjamas? I did it last weekend at a Motorhome and Caravan club site at Longleat and everyone looked at me as if I had escaped from a mental hospital. I must admit this was our first ever visit to a club site and most of the campers did look like they were from the local old folks home but I find it just weird the way they stared at me and found it very uncomfortable. At the sites I usually stay at in Cornwall other campers would not bat an eyelid.

Don't bother with that club;) join the camping and Caravan club they're not bothered I do it all the time and I don't wear pyjamas :shocked

Perhaps we should have an 'emperors new clothes' club???
I had to google it to find the meaning but seems there are quite a few members here :)

Oh @Amarillo that has given me a well needed laugh!
PS is this somewhere you know personally???
Yes. Some years ago I saw the site from the lower footpath between Corfe Castle and Swanage (south of Nine Barrow Down) and noted with surprise that campers appeared naked. I hadn't actually confirmed this was the case until today.

Yes. Some years ago I saw the site from the lower footpath between Corfe Castle and Swanage (south of Nine Barrow Down) and noted with surprise that campers appeared naked. I hadn't actually confirmed this was the case until today.

Well even at a distance, and assuming a lot of the campers would be 50+ and moving around, the jangly bits must have made it pretty obvious.

Were they playing badminton? For some reason I always think of smiling naturists playing endless games of badminton.

Damn, that's a mental image I'm not going to be able to shake off for the rest of today.

Think you are camping with the wrong people. In the daytime jamas are just leisure wear and a nighty is a mini dress. I just put a fleece over either. Work on the principle you wont see these people again.

PJs no problem. Never had anyone give us funny looks.

I do the same here in New Zealand on the freedom camping areas with public loos. The fleece PJs I have and fleece sheets for winter camping do tend to conspire against me with the static though. I ended up looking like Doc from Back to the Future. I just assumed that was why I was getting funny looks!

Well even at a distance, and assuming a lot of the campers would be 50+ and moving around, the jangly bits must have made it pretty obvious.

Were they playing badminton? For some reason I always think of smiling naturists playing endless games of badminton.

Damn, that's a mental image I'm not going to be able to shake off for the rest of today.
"Would you like a sausage with that bap?"
cbutchers.jpg

I feel that by wearing my le chameau wellies as part of the ensemble i am vindicting myself. We are maybe the most entertaining part of their boring weekend and the reason they camp. Are these the people we watch having a near divorce putting up the awning

F9121ED7-4EF2-4B07-A095-60D7CDD1B033.jpeg
I feel that by wearing my le chameau wellies as part of the ensemble i am vindicting myself. We are maybe the most entertaining part of their boring weekend and the reason they camp. Are these the people we watch having a near divorce putting up the awning
That’s my attire for a nighttime dunny visit; minus the eggs!

Hi @Ksar-el-kebir was that photo Somewhere near Tafraoute ? Reminds me of trips to the anti-atlas in Morocco

Last edited:
I think it is almost time for a Pyjamas Meet. Maybe with a to-the-loo-catwalk-competition on Saturday night … :)

Never wear a pyjama , so would be running arround naked....
one of the reasons we have a Porta-Potti :D

Seen people wearing a bathrobe walking to the sanitairy block at campsites ...i would not do so but if they feel comfortable with it i don't mind , it's a free world on what to wear....
Must be a continental thing... my other half was shocked when she realised that really was my pj’s

Can I ask if it is considered right or wrong to go to the loo block in the morning in my pyjamas? I did it last weekend at a Motorhome and Caravan club site at Longleat and everyone looked at me as if I had escaped from a mental hospital. I must admit this was our first ever visit to a club site and most of the campers did look like they were from the local old folks home but I find it just weird the way they stared at me and found it very uncomfortable. At the sites I usually stay at in Cornwall other campers would not bat an eyelid.
We’ve been campervanning for many years and members of both C&MC and C&CC. We also use all sorts of other sites and stopovers too and camp at festivals.

Were it not for some great locations we wouldn’t bother with C&MC at all. In my opinion they have always been the most rigid with rules and reminding you of them. Their attitude changed majorly when they started edging out tents (very few of their sites allow them now) and we’ve noticed that since their name change to “caravan and motorhome” it seems to be changing again. Although they have realised that us campervanners (especially vdubbers) are a sizeable market, hence their recent infographic (https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/globa...rship/Crazy-for-campervanning-infographic.pdf) that tells us they’re “crazy about campervans”.

Anyway, to answer your question, Lisa, if you’re trying to “camp” at a site amongst lots of people in “houses on wheels” who like to park in nice neat lines, don’t be surprised if someone walking out in their pj’s causes some consternation. Just stride out and engage as many people as possible in conversation, you’ll soon find they’re not as bad as first thought. :)

I always go to the toilet block fully dressed but I have no problem with seeing others walking about in their nightwear or leisurewear. We are all on holiday to relax and do our own thing in our own way.

Back