Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Glastonbury 2020

Aidy P

Aidy P

Don't play that 'What If?' game, you'll never win!
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Anyone else trying for Glasto tickets on Sunday?

Good luck :Nailbiting

Yup. We’ll be trying for tickets and hoping our luck holds (been a fair few times now).

I’ve been four times. Twice in my California.
It really comes into its own as a van when you’re camping there for a week.

Good luck @swigle. Fingers crossed

Our first attempt since we quite fancied it with the van, so... 35 minutes this morning staring at a holding page that refreshed every 20 seconds suggesting we might get access to the actual booking site... before a message appeared on it that All Tickets Have Now Sold Out.
They couldn't even add a "thank you for trying"!!

Ah well, better go check out some other festivals for next year...

Got to card payment page. Entered details. Crashed.

hey ho

Got some! Might not take my beautiful new California though. I remember the muddy years!

Well done!!!

I’ve been in mine in the wet and it was brilliant to have somewhere dry to go and get clean.
I’ve also been when it’s been 30’c + heat at it was great to have shade and cold drinks.

my advice ... take the van!!!!

Yup - well done to all those who were successful.

At least it only takes 30 minutes to find out you’ve not been successful rather that the 12+ hours it took back in the early 00’s

Ah well, will give the resale a go ...

And I agree - take the Cali; it’s a godsend in all weathers. And just think about what tenting it would be like in the weather extremes ...

Enjoy the festival, and finger crossed I’ll be joining you (after success in the resale )

I have never been to Glastonbury but three of four of our kids have on numerous occasions. However I do enjoy watching some of the coverage on the TV each year. Unfortunately, some of the tales they have told me about the toilets in particular are not likely to make me or Mrs B want to go there anytime soon.

It's good to see so many young people in particular, enjoying themselves. On a different note, I think it's a shame about the growing trend by some artists to use the event to do their political grandstanding. Given the current state of British politics that's enough to ruin anyones weekend.

If you have been lucky enough to get tickets, then I hope you have a great time.

One final observation, It saddens me everytime I see the mess left behind after these events. I know it gets cleared up but in all probability, it was left behind by many of the same youngsters that are rightly so indignant about waste and saving the planet!
IMG_6981.jpg

Yes, well done to anyone fortunate enough to have succeeded this morning.

Anybody know, if you're lucky enough to get tickets in the resale, is there any realistic hope of getting a campervan ticket too at that late stage?

Yes, well done to anyone fortunate enough to have succeeded this morning.

Anybody know, if you're lucky enough to get tickets in the resale, is there any realistic hope of getting a campervan ticket too at that late stage?

Although I was sorted for this year, I did keep an eye on them coming up in the resales and they did pop up a few at a time. There was one batch that took a few days to sell. I think that most / all of them were for the Malvern show ground site, very few for East and West. The Malvern site is off site with a shuttle bus to and from the site.

Although I was sorted for this year, I did keep an eye on them coming up in the resales and they did pop up a few at a time. There was one batch that took a few days to sell. I think that most / all of them were for the Malvern show ground site, very few for East and West. The Malvern site is off site with a shuttle bus to and from the site.
Thanks, that's worth knowing, definitely something to think about trying

One final observation, It saddens me everytime I see the mess left behind after these events. I know it gets cleared up but in all probability, it was left behind by many of the same youngsters that are rightly so indignant about waste and saving the planet!

I've been going since 2002, and I think this problem (flagrant littering) has been getting worse over the years — or maybe I'm getting older.

Got to card payment page. Entered details. Crashed.

hey ho
Same thing happened to us. Got very excited to get to the input registration details page, input the required info plus card details then nothing, absolutely nothing until the server stopped responding & that was the end of that!

I've been going since 2002, and I think this problem (flagrant littering) has been getting worse over the years — or maybe I'm getting older.
I think they might have turned a corner in 2019. It seemed much better than previous years, probably helped by the plastic bottle ban. There was certainly less to clear up on Monday.

Same thing happened to us. Got very excited to get to the input registration details page, input the required info plus card details then nothing, absolutely nothing until the server stopped responding & that was the end of that!
Sorry to hear that @JudeT. At least we’re in the same boat and can console ourselves by knowing it wasn’t our tech that failed it was seetickets.com :headbang

Sorry to hear that @JudeT. At least we’re in the same boat and can console ourselves by knowing it wasn’t our tech that failed it was seetickets.com :headbang
We had the same issue with campervan / weekend tickets for Carfest a few years back. Ticketing also handled by Seetickets if my recollection is correct.

By some quirk I had a premonition that all wasn't well and took a screenshot before hitting submit button. When site subsequently crashed I had evidence of their failure and to the credit of the organisers they sorted out tickets before the second batch were released. Always worth hitting the screen print button/ screen capture on a phone as you never know.

We had the same issue with campervan / weekend tickets for Carfest a few years back. Ticketing also handled by Seetickets if my recollection is correct.

By some quirk I had a premonition that all wasn't well and took a screenshot before hitting submit button. When site subsequently crashed I had evidence of their failure and to the credit of the organisers they sorted out tickets before the second batch were released. Always worth hitting the screen print button/ screen capture on a phone as you never know.
[/QUOTE
Thanks, that‘s worth knowing for next time

That’s an interesting tactic. I’ll try it next time. Looking at social media though it seems that lots of people had the same experience as me.

Just a reminder that Glasto camper van tickets go on sale on Thursday 21st at 7pm.

And West CV is no more - it is going to be pre-pitched tents ala Worthy View.