Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Getting prepared

veg_frenzy

veg_frenzy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
All,
Started to think about what 'kit' I need, for the new Cali (April delivery) :D . There are lots of options of course, but I trying to focus on a list of 'essentials' for the 1st trip. Find attached my 1st pass:
- levelling blocks
- UK electrical hook-up
- kettle
- pans, etc.
- mallet/pegs for awning
- chopping board/knife
- spatula/serving spoon
- dust pan/brush
- gas bottle
- spare fuse kit
- spirit level
- cutlery/crockery/glasses/etc.
- bedding
- torch
- bottle opener
- steering wheel clamp

Anything I may have missed? Happy to take recommednations on some of the best options to source these. Thanks.

Should have said, there's only 2 of us!

Some items I usually take include:
groundsheet / mat to put outside the door
roll of bin bags
assorted lengths of rope/string/velcro ties
lots of tea towels (drying and anti rattle duties)
Led lantern if sitting outside, perhaps not so likely at this time of year.
Plastic crates
Collapsible bucket.

Have fun
Owen

I wrote what became a surprisingly l-o-n-g list of stuff we take in our van here: http://wildaboutscotland.com/2013/06/04 ... amper-van/

I think you're right to focus on essentials for your first trip away. See how you want to use the van, experiment with a few things and maybe avoid making some unnecessary purchases by living with the van before you go daft on the accessories.

I should add there aren't any right or wrong answers - much is down to personal choice.

I see a strong recommendation for Duvalay sleeping bags here...we were sort of settling on a Zonesleep topper, probably with a sheet and quilt...but the Duvalay looks good and would save quite a bit of space...anyone else tried Duvalay?

I had a duvalay last year but it was too hot for me.memory foam makes me sweat not to mention
My husband.I now use an air blow up mattress but it is a bit of a pain.

Yes, that is my only reservation...getting too hot. We have never really got on with blow up mattresses over our years of camping.

Duvalay is very good.......

I used one every night for 15 months while away in the Cali.....using at times a summer or a winter duvet insert.

Plus at times a blanket on top that I got in Romania..............