Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Getting French insurance post brexit

D

Daniel

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
VW forum hive mind....I need some help......I have a had a lovely VW Cali Ocean for the last five years, currently insured with Safeguard. Because of Brexit I will need a french driving liscnce and will likely change the plates to french plates as I will no longer be a UK resident. Does anyone know of any good French Camper insurers out there? that I can use once i have changed the plates (sorry; maybe a long shot).

A bit left field but are you aware that British Banks are closing accounts to anyone who doesn't have UK registered residence?
Another of the Brexit spin offs.

Pretty sure that you need Insurance etc before you can change plates. Cali will need to comply with LHD lighting.

A bit left field but are you aware that British Banks are closing accounts to anyone who doesn't have UK registered residence?
Another of the Brexit spin offs.

Pretty sure that you need Insurance etc before you can change plates. Cali will need to comply with LHD lighting.
Most British Banks have affinity arrangements with foreign banks, most ‘British’ banks are not British at all, just one brand of a huge multinational: HSBC, Santander etc. should not be an issue

Last edited:
VW forum hive mind....I need some help......I have a had a lovely VW Cali Ocean for the last five years, currently insured with Safeguard. Because of Brexit I will need a french driving liscnce and will likely change the plates to french plates as I will no longer be a UK resident. Does anyone know of any good French Camper insurers out there? that I can use once i have changed the plates (sorry; maybe a long shot).
Don’t know about France but the deadline for changing to an Italian driving license is 31 Dec and I know changing to French registration for the van is not so simple, if you have looked into this OK, if not hurry up.