Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Generation Six Special Edition Wheels - Where to buy?

RetroRed5

RetroRed5

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Afternoon all,

I am in the process of buying a new Cali and I asked the dealer if they could supply the Generation Six Special Edition wheels; they said they "could" but advised that I source them myself because (according to the dealer) they can be purchased considerably cheaper than what they cost if supplied directly by VW; the dealer explained that I should purchase the Cali with the standard wheel and have the new wheel delivered directly to them and they would fit them before I take delivery (I could then either sell the standard wheel or use them for the winter with appropriate winter tyres).

The wheels I'm wanting are those that are a white alloy with an chrome effect oversized centre cap/trim; as far as I know they were only supplied with the Gen6 SpecialEd that was available late 2015/early 2016; here is a pic of the wheels...

00042349.jpg

So my question is, does anybody know what these wheels are called and also where to buy new that are genuine VW?

Many thanks,

Red.

Thanks; I found a couple of references in the link above to the wheels regarding price but nothing yet by way of where to buy them.

Great thread btw.

I suggest calling SMG parts department.

Somebody recently mentioned a company called TPS who were cheaper than the VW parts departments. Worth a call.

The wheels are called 'Discus' and are similar to the ones supplied on the VW Beetle but I believe the T6 ones have a heavier load rating.

...but advised that I source them myself because (according to the dealer) they can be purchased considerably cheaper than what they cost if supplied directly by VW.

That's really interesting, and a great shame they wouldn't tell you where from. I'm keen to pick up a set too but was not willing to pay the bonkers VW prices were asking. That said, I've just checked the German configurator and they're only asking for an additional €755 as an option, which I would willingly pay.

Please let us know if you find an alternate source for them.
upload_2018-5-29_17-31-15.png

Gazelio kindly sent me a screen shot of the part numbers and item price, however, he found them cheaper in the end.. call around a few VW parts departments and TPS.

Screenshot_20180529-173556_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thanks all for your input.

It does seem a little odd that they show in the German configurator but not in the UK version; especially odd given they are built in the same factory.

Thanks all for your input.

It does seem a little odd that they show in the German configurator but not in the UK version; especially odd given they are built in the same factory.
Not odd at all, UK has different options available to Europe.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Back