Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

General help

K

keacal2705

Hi,

Can anyone help on the following.

1. When I drain my grey water, the computer display shows 1 bar even though it should be empty. I put Mr Muscle down it as it seemed slow and I thought there might be muck stopping it from clearing. However I ran the tap from a full tank of water with the waste open in an attempt to clear anything (along with mr muscle having been poured half hour earlier) but display shows empty clean water tank but waste still on one bar.

2. When you pull the bench forward it stops at a certain point even though there is more rail left. Can you make it go all the way? I realise there would be little leg room but I need to load up lots of stuff soon and the extra space would help.

3. When using the top bed, can/do people pull the silver bit across to close the hole or do they sleep with the hole open? I couldn't help but think a board is needed to rest a better light, drink (especially hot drink) or anything else.

4. Anyone got a tv set up in their Cali?

Ta

1. It does that. This is normal. Don't ask why!
2. There are end stops in the rail that are a little back from the actual rail end. I think these can be removed.
3. Yes we do, but not all the way. I wouldn't use it as a shelf as it ain't that strong!
4. No. We go away to get away, tele included. Especially for the square eyed little monsters!

keacal2705 said:
Hi,

Lets hope so. :thumb

keacal2705 said:
1. When I drain my grey water, the computer display shows 1 bar even though it should be empty. I put Mr Muscle down it as it seemed slow and I thought there might be muck stopping it from clearing. However I ran the tap from a full tank of water with the waste open in an attempt to clear anything (along with mr muscle having been poured half hour earlier) but display shows empty clean water tank but waste still on one bar.

I've come to the conclusion that the level sensors aren't overly accurate on these displays.

You may want to remove the level sensor and give it a clean.

keacal2705 said:
2. When you pull the bench forward it stops at a certain point even though there is more rail left. Can you make it go all the way? I realise there would be little leg room but I need to load up lots of stuff soon and the extra space would help.

If you have a feel around in the tracks you'll find there are stoppers in there which limit the movement of the bench. They are shaped so that by raising them with a screw they locate into the rail, so to undo/move them you need to turn the screw in them to lower them into the rail and then you can move or remove them.

keacal2705 said:
3. When using the top bed, can/do people pull the silver bit across to close the hole or do they sleep with the hole open? I couldn't help but think a board is needed to rest a better light, drink (especially hot drink) or anything else.

We sleep with the hole open, I'd be worried about breaking the hatch cover. For those little things you like to take to bed we put them on the ledges at the side of the opening.

keacal2705 said:

Not personally but if I did/do it will be a USB TV stick for my MacBook Pro.

keacal2705 said:
Hi,

Ta

Yep I use EYE TV on my Macbook which can be purchased online - Its a USB attachment that connects to a normal TV lead so that you can hook it up to a 12v digital aerial such as a Moonraker DTV-1000 digi pro which is available from Maplins. It will give you all of the free digital TV stations and also has a remote control which is good if your in bed and want to switch over. If you have one of these you can also take a long lead to a site you can hook into their repeater - sorted.

I like the look of that Antenna Mark. It has a sucker cup for mounting which could be useful.

Looks like £43 from Maplins or £40 from the OEM's eBay store :thumb

Re water sense in waste tank, you are lucky to get any reading at all!

I empty the fresh water tank, into the waste tank via the sink and i get no reading at all!
Going into the dealers on Wednesday to be looked at.

I tend not to pull the hatch over in the upper bed in case of any need to get out of the van in a hurry. If you have a anorak or a cozi it would get a bit stuffy up there!

As for the tv I have the eye tv hooked onto my macbook pro and use either extended aerial into site socket or use an Avtex sth2000 tv aerial suckered onto my van.

m4rky said:
keacal2705 said:
Hi,

Ta

Yep I use EYE TV on my Macbook which can be purchased online - Its a USB attachment that connects to a normal TV lead so that you can hook it up to a 12v digital aerial such as a Moonraker DTV-1000 digi pro which is available from Maplins. It will give you all of the free digital TV stations and also has a remote control which is good if your in bed and want to switch over. If you have one of these you can also take a long lead to a site you can hook into their repeater - sorted.

Hi M4rky, reading google is that for Macs only or does it work on any laptop?

keacal2705 said:
Hi M4rky, reading google is that for Macs only or does it work on any laptop?

I bought mine quite a while ago but it looks like the new version works on Macs and PC's

http://www.elgato.com/elgato/na/mainmen ... duct2.html

Stu said:
I like the look of that Antenna Mark. It has a sucker cup for mounting which could be useful.

Looks like £43 from Maplins or £40 from the OEM's eBay store :thumb

It works OK - Here's the one in my truck - Sorry about the poor pictures but they are off my phone

Photo0052.jpg

Photo0051.jpg

Photo0053.jpg

My Snooper satnav (7" screen - well the Cali is not very big and I find that it is ok) gives a fairly good picture for not to be missed sports events. I have always got a signal so far using the antenna supplied.

Regards

Ray

Back