Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gas bottle mystery

P

Pekkaväisänen

Vehicle
T4 Hightop
Hello, i bought t4 california and place of gas bottle looks like this. Is there something missing exept bottle of course? Some kind of cover or something?

16683279908049124800868148507159.jpg

Hello, i bought t4 california and place of gas bottle looks like this. Is there something missing exept bottle of course? Some kind of cover or something?

View attachment 101777
Yes. See Diagram + Part Number Part 2

Useful website.
Select Campmobile then Vehicle Year.

132460000.png

Screenshot 2022-11-13 at 10.22.20.jpg

I am in trouble! I can't find that cover part anywhere. Does anyone know of a place where I can find it? I think we're going to cook outside...

Don’t stress about it. It’s only a secondary precaution. If the bottle is connected properly it won’t leak. You’ll soon smell it. Turn the bottle off when not in use if you’re worried.

Don’t stress about it. It’s only a secondary precaution. If the bottle is connected properly it won’t leak. You’ll soon smell it. Turn the bottle off when not in use if you’re worried.
Thank you for your reassuring words. And there are gas alarms if I'm really paranoid.

Thank you for your reassuring words. And there are gas alarms if I'm really paranoid.
A plastic bag over the top and over the bottom half of the gas holder with a strap to seal it to the bottom half will do the same job, so that any leaking gas is contained and vents through the gas dropout in the base.

Kaasupidikkeen ylä- ja alaosan päällä oleva muovipussi, jossa on hihna, joka sulkee sen alaosaan, tekee saman tehtävän, jotta kaikki vuotavat kaasut jäävät talteen ja poistuvat pohjassa olevan kaasuputken läpi.
It's a good idea! Thank You!