Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GAP insurance: 10% Discount for VWCC Members - Running out of time?

GAPinsurance

GAPinsurance

GAPinsurance.co.uk
132 Huddersfield Road, Holmfirth, HD9 3AS
Vehicle
N/A
Hello people - just a quick head's up that if you haven't yet purchased GAP insurance, you might be running out of time to do so.

At present, we can provide GAP Insurance for a vehicle purchased up to ONE year in the past however, from January 22nd onwards we won't be able to provide GAP insurance for a VW California at all.

If you've been putting off buying GAP insurance, particularly if you were planning on buying towards the end of the first year of ownership, you may want to consider buying sooner or, risk missing out on being able to buy GAP insurance.

Discount code: "VWCALI10" will grant you 10% discount.

Please contact us on 01484 490095 or visit www.GAPinsurance.co.uk for more details.

Hello people - just a quick head's up that if you haven't yet purchased GAP insurance, you might be running out of time to do so.

At present, we can provide GAP Insurance for a vehicle purchased up to ONE year in the past however, from January 22nd onwards we won't be able to provide GAP insurance for a VW California at all.

If you've been putting off buying GAP insurance, particularly if you were planning on buying towards the end of the first year of ownership, you may want to consider buying sooner or, risk missing out on being able to buy GAP insurance.

Discount code: "VWCALI10" will grant you 10% discount.

Please contact us on 01484 490095 or visit www.GAPinsurance.co.uk for more details.
Is this for real? Why, from Jan 22nd will you not be able to insure California’s? Presumably they are seen as a bad risk by insurers (although I can’t see why as with high residuals, I would think they are low risk for gap insurers). If they are seen as a bad risk, why would you join a forum to entice more customers in the final month of availability? Will you still be a vip trade partner after 22nd January when we are no longer your target market?

Is this for real? Why, from Jan 22nd will you not be able to insure California’s? Presumably they are seen as a bad risk by insurers (although I can’t see why as with high residuals, I would think they are low risk for gap insurers). If they are seen as a bad risk, why would you join a forum to entice more customers in the final month of availability? Will you still be a vip trade partner after 22nd January when we are no longer your target market?

Sorry Joker 1299, I only just saw this.

Our previous supplier of GAP insurance (UK General Insurance, on behalf of Great Lakes insurance SE) announced in late 2018 that they were pulling out of the UK GAP insurance market as of January 21st 2019. Whilst all existing policies will continue to be honoured, from January 22nd onwards they'll no longer accept new policies on cover.

We're now contracted with a new policy underwriter (a syndicate at Lloyds of London) but, at present they strictly allow GAP insurance policies to be incepted on cars only (albeit with a large list of specific cars that they won't cover).

Whilst this may well change, until it does, right now the state of play is that from January 22nd onwards we'll no longer be able to provide GAP insurance to cover a VW California.

I didn't just join this forum. I joined in March 2018 o_O

As for continuing to be a trade partner after January 22nd, unless the underwriters change their mind and permit cover for a VW California, I'll have nothing to "trade" - Right now, GAP insurance is literally the only product we sell.

Sorry Joker 1299, I only just saw this.

Our previous supplier of GAP insurance (UK General Insurance, on behalf of Great Lakes insurance SE) announced in late 2018 that they were pulling out of the UK GAP insurance market as of January 21st 2019. Whilst all existing policies will continue to be honoured, from January 22nd onwards they'll no longer accept new policies on cover.

We're now contracted with a new policy underwriter (a syndicate at Lloyds of London) but, at present they strictly allow GAP insurance policies to be incepted on cars only (albeit with a large list of specific cars that they won't cover).

Whilst this may well change, until it does, right now the state of play is that from January 22nd onwards we'll no longer be able to provide GAP insurance to cover a VW California.

I didn't just join this forum. I joined in March 2018 o_O

As for continuing to be a trade partner after January 22nd, unless the underwriters change their mind and permit cover for a VW California, I'll have nothing to "trade" - Right now, GAP insurance is literally the only product we sell.
Thanks for explaining that, I appreciate you taking the time to do so.
Best wishes