Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fuel economy

Right then, can anybody here tell me how I can get my MY20 Coast to actually coast? Just been out to collect something off Gumtree and over the entire 24 mile round trip I deffo did not coast. The manual says nothing at all about it. Have I got the only non coasting coast in the village? :D
New to all this but was playing with it today. It only seems to coast with ACC off. D7 (for example) will change to just D on the MFD when it goes into neutral. MY22.

New to all this but was playing with it today. It only seems to coast with ACC off. D7 (for example) will change to just D on the MFD when it goes into neutral. MY22.
Coast function only works with Standard Cruise Control or ACC OFF.

Right then, can anybody here tell me how I can get my MY20 Coast to actually coast? Just been out to collect something off Gumtree and over the entire 24 mile round trip I deffo did not coast. The manual says nothing at all about it. Have I got the only non coasting coast in the village? :D
Possibly. On the T5.1 the Coast Function can be switched On or Off via the MFD on the Dashboard.

£130.56 to refill :headbang
Topped up with Shell V Power Diesel yesterday. 199.9p Ltr.
Doesn't seem that long ago when hue & cry as the £1/ltr barrier was passed.
Doubt if they dare go back to Gallons pricing at the pumps, £9ish per gallon!.

Topped up with Shell V Power Diesel yesterday. 199.9p Ltr.
Doesn't seem that long ago when hue & cry as the £1/ltr barrier was passed.
Doubt if they dare go back to Gallons pricing at the pumps, £9ish per gallon!.
It’s been £1.99.9 p for standard diesel at the end of the M 4 Pont Abraham services for almost 3 months. Not that there are long queues trying to buy it. I think they are dreading the day when there’s a 2 at the beginning, although I doubt it’s far away.

Good afternoon,

Following these posts puzzles me a bit. Claims that the van uses around 5 l / 100 km of diesel is astonishing. I didn't get this on the VW Tigan which I had before the California.

I assume a California Ocean, with 2x adults loaded for a 2 or 3 weeks holiday (including a full water tank) weights up to 2.8 or 2.9 t.

A 2 liter engine with 150 HP and front wheel drive driving on a flat motorway cursing with 90 km/h might (just might) achieve this kind of consumption. Driving 120 or 130 km/h on a motorway with some hills, slowing down to 100 km (because of a truck which can't be overtaken at the moment) and accelerating to 120 or 130 km/h will bring up the fuel consumption to 7 to 8 l / 100 km. Which I believe is good.

A 2 liter engine with 204 HP or 199 HP and 4Motion might need a bit more.

I might get the wrong end of the stick :confused:.

Regards,
Eberhard
Just used this to calculate fuel cost of my 1,840km summer hols.
8litres or £16 per 100km. Around £300.
25 pence per mile. Useful. Thanks!!

One thing I would like to know, in the U.K. Diesel is more expensive than Petrol, but on my recent Scandinavian trip Petrol was more expensive than Diesel. Anyone know why?
Diesel is imported (quite a bit from Russia). Petrol tends to be refined here. They also shut down a lot of diesel refining capacity across Europe including the UK during COVID without it occurring to anyone that it might be needed in future.

Back