Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Front fog lamp question...

M

morganrue

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hello all. We've had our Beach nearly a year and there's still stuff surprising me about it. Usually in a good way :) .
I noticed today that only the RHS front fog light was on, even tho' the fog light switch was off.

Pulling the switch out to the front fog light position put both lamps on- so it's not a failed bulb...

Anyone any idea why one would be on and not th eothr? Puzzles me.

regards

m

They come on independently if you are driving slow and turn the wheel left or right.

Hello all. We've had our Beach nearly a year and there's still stuff surprising me about it. Usually in a good way :) .
I noticed today that only the RHS front fog light was on, even tho' the fog light switch was off.

Pulling the switch out to the front fog light position put both lamps on- so it's not a failed bulb...

Anyone any idea why one would be on and not th eothr? Puzzles me.

regards

m

They come on independently if you are driving slow and turn the wheel left or right.
Thanks Nick! Who knew? (well, you, obviously, and not me! :) )

If you get a set of Osram +150% H11 bulbs you will then see them come on when turning, below 50kph I think is the speed.

Technically called "Dynamic cornering lights" by Volkswagen. Turn your steering right and the right side fog will come on to illuminate more of the area that you are turning into and same for the other side.

One some VW vehicles, headlight beam will swivel to follow the angle of your steering wheel. The fog lights in some models have servo motors that help the lights to swivel up to 15%.

For the lights that do not have the swivel, VW calls that - Static cornering lights - :D

Personally a very helpful feature.

Back