Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

France March 22

WEHILL@SONS

WEHILL@SONS

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hello - whilst I know what the current regulations for entry into France are I wonder how to get a lat flow test with certificate at or near Portsmouth ferry port within 24 hours of travelling? Also, as we are using camping sites/aires throughout do the French authorities accept a ‘first night’ address or do they require more proof of itinerary?

May not need any testing by March. I'm patiently waiting for testing requirement to cancelled.

Recent search found that Boots do instore test and Email Certificate within a short time, hour or so.
Also found centre in Southampton.

Generally everything is changing so frequently that in Covid terms March is a long way of for set plans.

Latest (although French Embassy isn't known for rapid change updates) info here

If not already done you will need the

TousAntiCovi App for simplicity to verify Covid Status at sites etc. Load all UK Jab Certificates onto it just before departure

Last edited:
Hello - whilst I know what the current regulations for entry into France are I wonder how to get a lat flow test with certificate at or near Portsmouth ferry port within 24 hours of travelling? Also, as we are using camping sites/aires throughout do the French authorities accept a ‘first night’ address or do they require more proof of itinerary?
You may want to look at this discussion.

Tous Anti Covid app is being changed to Pass Vaccinal just to confuse things. You only need to load your booster onto the app. If you put the others on they cause problems by being out of date.

Just flown out to France via Geneva and used a company called Chronomics for lateral flow tests although Switzerland removed the requirement for one after they had arrived! £15 each and certificate is sent within seconds of uploading result photo!!
Very useful information thank you.

Any reason why you can’t just use the NHS app…?

Do you mean for test? I believe the NHS app is acceptable to show vaccine status but not for a test.

Quote from gov.uk web site.
"You should not use the NHS testing service to get a test in order to facilitate your travel to another country. You should arrange to take a private test from a private coronavirus testing provider. Test results must be certified by an approved private test provider to be accepted."

France -- need to use their App for access to Cafe's etc.
The new App is to 'Force' French residents to get the Jab, old App permitted a Lateral test for Cafe access now a Booster Jab needed. No Jab no access.

Ok thanks peeps.
I’m going Skiing in the van in March and just looking into what I need.
3rd Booster this Friday, my how the world has changed…:confused:

Get Boots "fit to fly" lft delivered to your house, do the test within 24 hrs of leaving and register and upload photo of the result to the website. You get the certificate within seconds.
Couldn't be simpler.

The lift queues must be awful…

Very jealous. Where are you?
A quiet corner of Portes du Soleil near Chatel. I think we struck lucky with the lunchtime lull hence the photo record. The main areas around Avoriaz are still very busy although lift queues are not too bad at the moment. That will no doubt change in February.

A quiet corner of Portes du Soleil near Chatel. I think we struck lucky with the lunchtime lull hence the photo record. The main areas around Avoriaz are still very busy although lift queues are not too bad at the moment. That will no doubt change in February.
Lovely. Know Chatel very well. Are you sleeping in your van and if so could I ask where you are staying please?

Can you get into France with 2 jabs or do you need the full 3 ?

Now MUST have a Booster for the new App to get access to Cafe's etc.

You need to be FULLY vaccinated to get back into UK with no restrictions.

Really a case of being fully jabbed up to go outside UK and get back with no restrictions.
no guarantee that won't change at short notice.

quote for direct.gov "

Vaccination status​

The French Government recognises the following vaccines: Pfizer, Moderna, Oxford/AstraZeneca, and Johnson & Johnson (the vaccines recognised by the European Medical Agency). “Fully vaccinated” is defined by the completion of a vaccination schedule, specifically:

• 1 week after the second dose of Pfizer, Moderna, Oxford/AstraZeneca
  • 4 weeks after the single and only dose of Johnson & Johnson
  • 1 week after the single dose of any of the above vaccines if you have previously tested positive for COVID-19"
As things keep changing you may need to read the info just before you go. There is also a 270 day limit on vaccines in the schengen area. I have added my vaccine QR codes to the French app and it says the vaccine I had in April is now out of date.

Currently in Three Valleys Skiing and NHS covid pass fine for bars restaurants and ski lifts here.

Currently in Three Valleys Skiing and NHS covid pass fine for bars restaurants and ski lifts here.
so if you lose or break your phone while skiing your stuffed ?