Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

France in August

Sorry but that is incorrect.
Pre-departure test no more than 72 hrs before is negative.
You can then catch it after doing the test.
Symptoms and ability to spread virus take 3 - 5 days.
So if 2 day post arrival test is negative you are likely to be clear if fully vaccinated.
And if your day 2 test is positive you've already spread it to a different country / sat on a plane with hundreds of others / gone back to work / etc etc before you've got the results.

Do the a predeparture test at the place of boarding, it only takes 10 minutes for the results.

And if your day 2 test is positive you've already spread it to a different country / sat on a plane with hundreds of others / gone back to work / etc etc before you've got the results.

Do the a predeparture test at the place of boarding, it only takes 10 minutes for the results.
Unlikely if you are doubly vaccinated as it takes longer to develope.

Nothing is perfect in life. People, organisations and governments do the best they can with the information they have. Covid 19 is the master and all we can is dance to its tune.

The lateral flow test takes 10 minutes for the result but will only tell you if you are at the infectious stage.

The PCR test will tell you if you are infected, but unless there is something I don’t know, results take time from a lab.

Perhaps airports/ports/international stations can set up PCR labs for quicker results, so you pass through screening before check in.

Your country of departure has zero interest in holding on to people testing positive. I suspect few will test so!

The lateral flow test takes 10 minutes for the result but will only tell you if you are at the infectious stage.

The PCR test will tell you if you are infected, but unless there is something I don’t know, results take time from a lab.

Perhaps airports/ports/international stations can set up PCR labs for quicker results, so you pass through screening before check in.
Surely it's the people that are at the infectious stage that you are trying to stop mixing with others so the lateral flow is what you need.

Its about a minimum 2 hour process from a PCR test being logged at a testing lab to the results being available. Unless you were to set up a lab in the airport itself you need to add transport time etc.

One of my daughters is a scientist in a newly opened testing lab, its taken a year to get all the machinery up & running, needs a large staff of qualified & trained people along with an army of support staff. Having seen the number of people involved its amazing how cheap the tests are.

Surely it's the people that are at the infectious stage that you are trying to stop mixing with others so the lateral flow is what you need.

Certainly near instant LF has its place, but I think the incubation period of CV19 is 3-5 days, so for 3-5 days you can be testing -ve with a LF but still be infected.

Interesting to learn that a PCR test takes a minimum of two hours to process. I didn’t know that, and it makes it impractical for ports and airports unless you want a ~4 hour screening and check in procedure before boarding.

Bugger! Just tested neg!! Was hoping for an extension. :rolleyes:

Wow! I know it’s meant as a bit tongue in cheek, but suggesting you might have wanted a positive Covid test for any reason is a bit off!

Wow! I know it’s meant as a bit tongue in cheek, but suggesting you might have wanted a positive Covid test for any reason is a bit off!
He didn't state it was a covid test. Maybe he did a pregnancy test.:shocked

Why would a pregnancy test result in not being able to travel. We all know what he meant.