Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Forest commission New Forrest sites

I

icic

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Just wondered if we could get some advice on the Forrest commission new forest sites. We have solar panels so don’t need electric (shade is fine as we will only be there for 3 nights weekends). We like to feel a bit more private, so the pitches in the tress and bushes appeal. The rows of white whales at some sites are not our thing. How are the sites at weekends ?

What are the best sites ? that have the most charm. We like the look of setthorns and ocknell any other suggestions ?

Just wondered if we could get some advice on the Forrest commission new forest sites. We have solar panels so don’t need electric (shade is fine as we will only be there for 3 nights weekends). We like to feel a bit more private, so the pitches in the tress and bushes appeal. The rows of white whales at some sites are not our thing. How are the sites at weekends ?

What are the best sites ? that have the most charm. We like the look of setthorns and ocknell any other suggestions ?
Setthorns is our first choice, in amongst the trees and an easy walk into Sway for the train. Denny Wood is worth a look more open spaces than Setthorns. Ocknell would probably be my 3rd choice, only because it’s a bit outside the “heart” of the forest. Weekends are likely to be busy anywhere in the forest but if you can get on site nice and early you can find secluded pitches.

Longbeech is the quietest out of camping in the forest sites. No showers or loo, Chem toilet needed but very private spots.
It’s also the cheapest around £10-£12 a night, I tend to get a part season works out at £5 a night bargain!

Back