Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

For those who are very precious of their California!

In my experience it is often passengers rather than drivers who are the main culprits for car park “dings”.
So I park so that the N/S is as close, but within parking space lines, to the next door vehicles N/S. thus preventing my passenger and the other vehicles passenger getting in the respective vehicle without moving out of the space to gain room.
Of course, with the California, my front passenger just walks through to exit via the sliding door.:thumb

Our first Cali had strips along each side prevented a lot of dings, but unfortunately VW in their wisdom dropped that idea a couple of years ago.

Watched a guy putting a system similar to this on his jag a few years back. Probably twice the size hung horizontally from the doors.

Rear doors are the worse

I park "miles away" or take my Land Rover D3 and put it in off road mode.

I just park far away from everyone - "funny" how many times someone will still park right next to you even though there are 100 spaces around.
Even more hilarious when you anchor a boat and some idiot decides to ignore the rest of a bay and drop their anchor on top of yours.

Plenty of magnetic solutions to that, almost got tempted once but you can get the dings sorted most of the time. :)

And of course it looks great draped with foam and clips and cable ties!

I get in Alfie, the smile goes from ear to ear even if it is just going to the local Sainsbury.

He has two dings and a rather bad scratch. I don't sweat over it, I do cry over it but just because I love him :(

Seriously if I worried over it I would never turn the key in the ignition. When the battle damage gets big enough, right, into chips' away, sort it lads.

Back