Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Folding Multiflex Up

Re: Folding Multiplex Up

I assume you mean the rear parcel shelf & mattress ? They come out. Not sure they will fold up, don't think the hinge point will allow it to go completely up. Probably not enough clearance under the upper locker either. If you do try it be careful as it is easy for the metal frame to slip & damage the trim.

No you can fold it up if you have the three seat bench. The front edge can be pushed down too allowing the bench to slide back further. For the two seat bench there's is a German company who do a folding shelf. It may be Vanessa or one of the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rupertpoon said:
No you can fold it up if you have the three seat bench. The front edge can be pushed down too allowing the bench to slide back further. For the two seat bench there's is a German company who do a folding shelf. It may be Vanessa or one of the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think the OP is asking if this can be done in the full cali ..... SE.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

We'd be interested in a folding shelf for our T5 Cali, but can't find it at the Vanessa website...

Yes, its the full Cali SE I was referring to, probably not helped by me calling it a multiplex rather than multiflex!! There is a bonnet style support, but a sticker advising not to travel with it raised, and this only raises it partially. I'm wondering whether to drill a hole in the board so I can secure it around the headrest. Would make a lovely area for the dog in the back as he's not keen travelling in the main floor area (slides about too much). Probably too much kerfuffle thinking about it as the mattress & topper would need to be on the base of the boot area, making the bed up would become an even bigger palaver.
20140626_115952.jpg
Weirdly I noticed some of the new Cali's have a metal rear parcel shelf now...

Weirdly I noticed some of the new Cali's have a metal rear parcel shelf now...

Yes the facelift models have a metal mesh frame that I guess is lighter than the wood in the older calis.

The multiflex weighs a tonne! I think it must be a spec change at some point within the latter T5.1s, mine is a 2010 facelift.

Non Folding Multiflex Board on 2 seater Beach with 5th Seat

Has anyone modified the multiflex board unit on the Beach 2 seater so it can fold like the one in the 3 seater & Caravelle, this would be a good solution to having to take it out when the extra seat needs to be fitted. Any advice very welcome.

Back