Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Five days to go...

S

Stef Demeester

Vehicle
T6 Coast 150
Hi all,

Next thursday we'll pick up our first California. We're Belgians who live in Holland. A cherry red 2019 California Coast TDI 150PK DSG will be our companion for the next years. We've been waiting for 2 months and your forum helped me to get through the waiting. I picked up a lot of knowledge, tips, do's and don'ts. Thank you!

Hi and welcome , did you buy in Belgium ? Where ? Would love to have a Coast but for now my 2012 SE does things perfect...

Welcome. only a few sleepless nights to go

Welcome. We will wave when we go past back to UK. We are currently in Norway. :thumb

It’s on our list to do as well, drive into Norway, Sweden etc. What’s the drive like?
Sedate (max national speed limit is 80 kph!) and generally very well behaved drivers. Even patient with drivers who have steering wheel on ‘wrong side’! There always exceptions unfortunately but on the whole v good.

Sedate (max national speed limit is 80 kph!) and generally very well behaved drivers. Even patient with drivers who have steering wheel on ‘wrong side’! There always exceptions unfortunately but on the whole v good.
Sounds good at least they go easy on us foreign drivers

Sounds good at least they go easy on us foreign drivers
I should have mentioned that there seem to be tolls everywhere, especially around the major towns. We registered our Cali beforehand and expect our bill two or three weeks after we get back.

I should have mentioned that there seem to be tolls everywhere, especially around the major towns. We registered our Cali beforehand and expect our bill two or three weeks after we get back.

Three years ago i did not register , did some toll tracks never got a bill...:D
Had one where i had to trow money in before i could get thru doh ....on top it was only a gravel track...

Hi and welcome , did you buy in Belgium ? Where ? Would love to have a Coast but for now my 2012 SE does things perfect...
We bought the van in the Netherlands, This means we have to pay a lot of extra taxes on top of the VAT, so it costs about 10.000,- euro more than in Belgium :(. The Ocean was out of our league, so we opted for a Coast (+ parking heater, CC, full spare wheel, privacy glass, park distance control and awning).

We decided to name her "Mara". Named after Mara of the Acoma.

Thanks for the warm welcome :thumb

We bought the van in the Netherlands, This means we have to pay a lot of extra taxes on top of the VAT, so it costs about 10.000,- euro more than in Belgium :(. The Ocean was out of our league, so we opted for a Coast (+ parking heater, CC, full spare wheel, privacy glass, park distance control and awning).

We decided to name her "Mara". Named after Mara of the Acoma.

Thanks for the warm welcome :thumb

Where ? + CCN Amersfoort ?
Why you bought it in Holland and pay more ?