Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fish and chips

What's with all this curry sauce and gravy malarky? Somehow I don't think the fish would approve.

Just salt and onion vinegar for me and maybe a generous dollop of Tommy K. Oh and a couple of manly barnacaled pickled onions to accompany.

Tartare sauce here every time!!!

What's with all this curry sauce and gravy malarky? Somehow I don't think the fish would approve.

Just salt and onion vinegar for me and maybe a generous dollop of Tommy K. Oh and a couple of manly barnacaled pickled onions to accompany.
Bloody Southerners, dust thee nowt do anything moist:D. You haven't lived until you have dipped a pickled onion in curry sauce!

Bloody Southerners, dust thee nowt do anything moist:D. You haven't lived until you have dipped a pickled onion in curry sauce!
:shocked Hell would have to freeze over before I involve a prime plump pickled onion in some dodgy Northern ritual. Standards have to be maintained. :thumb

It's like serving a pork pie hot with mushy peas. It just isn't done.

Mushy peas with the whole meal swimming in vinegar and lots of salt & a slice of thick buttered bread.

Oh and maybe one of those deep fried chippy sausages that look like they have little meat content.

You're making me very hungry...

Good job we never got into Cod, or Haddock. And not forgetting bag of scraps on the side

Can't get proper F&C over here, so it's the first stop before we get to our place in the UK.
Loads of salt and vinegar, ketchup on the side to dip the chips in, defo NOT on the fish!!!
F&C is not an HP Sauce meal IMO, HP is for meat I reckon.
Tartar sause is posh, but excusable. Mayo on the side, better with ketchup too, is also allowed.

HP sauce is ‘suitable for vegetarians’

My preference is Heinz Salad Cream with most meals especially Fish and Chips, if unavailable I'll suffer Tartar Sauce followed by Mayonnaise.

Ketchup? Reminds me of the Darling Buds of May where Pop has ketchup on his apple pie. It makes everything taste the same!!

Just salt and malt vinegar (not the clear stuff). If you need some greens then add mushy peas. Eat them on a plate if you wish. Nothing else is required.

We
Ketchup? Reminds me of the Darling Buds of May where Pop has ketchup on his apple pie. It makes everything taste the same!!

Just salt and malt vinegar (not the clear stuff). If you need some greens then add mushy peas. Eat them on a plate if you wish. Nothing else is required.
Well,

Last night I tried it ...

Ketchup with my fish and chips.

It was all too much .... The fish had to social distance from the chips and ketchup.

I am with you on this one, only salt and malt vinegar.

Just salt and malt vinegar for me please. Mushy peas, bread & butter and a mug of tea! OMG I’m hungry now. I am a Yorkshire lad living in Dorset and have yet to find a decent chippy. They are round every corner up North. All suggestions welcome.

Mushy peas with the whole meal swimming in vinegar and lots of salt & a slice of thick buttered bread.

Oh and maybe one of those deep fried chippy sausages that look like they have little meat content.
Saveloy? (Main ingredient pig brain or is it lung)?