Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First VW California Coast

If anyone is interested I have started a Facebook group for all of you lucky Coast owners. It’s somewhere where we can post photos of our vans and trips and adventures and where we can discuss everything Coast. The name of the group is California Coast Owners Club. Please feel free to join. It is only a few days old so not many members yet. It would be great to see you there.

If anyone is interested I have started a Facebook group for all of you lucky Coast owners. It’s somewhere where we can post photos of our vans and trips and adventures and where we can discuss everything Coast. The name of the group is California Coast Owners Club. Please feel free to join. It is only a few days old so not many members yet. It would be great to see you there.
Got a link. Doesn't appear when i search. I'll get my Coast in the Autumn.

Why keeping it private?

Private
Only members can see who's in the group and what they post.

Hello, they are delivering it to my house on Friday for no charge. Which is nice. She hasn’tgot a name but it occurred to me the other day that she is from Liverpool and I have insured her using Liverpool Victoria Insurance so a something Liverpudlian for a name. The deposit was placed on the 20th of Nov but LVC had already ordered her for stock so the order was advanced so to speak. So a girls name with associations with Liverpool.
Hmm. Any ideas???
So when they deliver to your house, I assume youve already paid for it but then are they waiting while you do the umpteen point check list?!? Interested to know as may find myself in this situation soon!

Just requested to join. great idea

Seems a shame its not a thread on here rather than Facebook?

I’ll change the settings to public
I've joined the group thanks. It's up to you but if it's a public group I won't be posting in it as all my FB friends will then see any posts I make about my new Coast which I'm not comfortable with, I just want to share it with other Coast owners, otherwise it feels like bragging. A private group would prevent this but people can still find it to join.

Last edited:
I’ll change the settings to public
I don't understand why you would want a Facebook group when you could just have a Coast thread on here.
I don't use social media for work and personal reasons but I would love to read about how people are getting on with their Coasts in a thread on here as my next Cali will almost certainly be a Coast but that will be when the market cools. :thumb

Here she is. As promised.
Looks fab, is that at Liverpool?

It's arrived ! Fantastic news ! Are you allowed to just go and collect it? I know people are being stopped by the police in our town and sending them home if their journey isn't essential !
BTW When did you order Coasterman ? I ordered a Coast from Liverpool 28/09 but it's still in build!
It was ordered for stock so it was well up the production run. So my timeframe was always going go be shorter than ordering from scratch. I had it delivered. I didn’t want to risk a pull from the police plus I didn’t want to leave my dog on his own for so long. It’s his van not mine.

I've joined the group thanks. It's up to you but if it's a public group I won't be posting in it as all my FB friends will then see any posts I make about my new Coast which I'm not comfortable with, I just want to share it with other Coast owners, otherwise it feels like bragging. A private group would prevent this but people can still find it to join.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Same thoughts

Yeah, I know what you mean. Same thoughts
I am not sure about that TBH, the Coast is quite understated I feel. My neighbour asked me if I was going to get my new Van converted to a camper yesterday. If you had a 4M 2 tone Ocean then I could understand, but to most the Coast looks like a shuttle or Transporter. My neighbour was concerned that I had fallen on hard times so I certainly don't think it is bragging.

Hi, Hope you like the photo we have waited months for the van and just love it . Amazing
Purchased the duvalay topper Brilliant. Thinking of purchasing the Kampa Cuboid heater heard brilliant reviews.
Hi, I noticed on this thread people mentioning the Kampa heater (or the Cube?)....we are just on the verge of ordering our Coast, can I ask why you might need a heater upgrade? Thank you in advance

We went for a Mylek Skirting Board heater which fits perfectly in front of the sink cabinets (under the table when in position)and has a temp display and remote control. You need to slip the end fascia panel off under the seat but the vents are clear of everything with the seat back and it seems to maintain temp to within one degree of that you set. Can drop temp required to 5 degrees to prevent freezing at night. Stores for travel further back in the same line towards the back under the seats.

Plus its also silent as a convector heater so no fan to dry you out/bother you with noise.
Hi David, please can I ask why you have opted to add in a extra heating supply? I assumed the overnight heater fitted to the Coast/Ocean would be sufficient?

Hi, I noticed on this thread people mentioning the Kampa heater (or the Cube?)....we are just on the verge of ordering our Coast, can I ask why you might need a heater upgrade? Thank you in advance

Hi David, please can I ask why you have opted to add in a extra heating supply? I assumed the overnight heater fitted to the Coast/Ocean would be sufficient?
Haven’t slept in mine yet, but I can confirm the van is toastie warm with heater on mid setting.

Jsbe
Have just sent a request

I think the benefit of the Kampa/Cube or other electric heaters is when on electric hookup at a site, they save you using your Diesel to run the onboard heater. If you're paying for the electric hookup anyway, might as well use it for heating.

I think the benefit of the Kampa/Cube or other electric heaters is when on electric hookup at a site, they save you using your Diesel to run the onboard heater. If you're paying for the electric hookup anyway, might as well use it for heating.

PS - did you go ahead and order the Coast in the end?

and you also may want a heater in the drive away awning

Er no...I have to confess that in the end I found a pre-owned MP that I just couldn't say no to...I await the barrage...But before anyone has a go please keep in mind that van life is about getting out there in whatever van you can!!

Er no...I have to confess that in the end I found a pre-owned MP that I just couldn't say no to...I await the barrage...But before anyone has a go please keep in mind that van life is about getting out there in whatever van you can!!
It's a free world............No complaints from me.

Absolutely, variety is the spice of life, be pretty boring otherwise.

Lovely Vans, I was very tempted myself. Couldn't get anyone at Mercedes remotely interested in discussing one with me though.